What does it mean when a guy calls you 'babe' or 'baby'?

personally I think he either forget my name or doesn't know how to pronounce it. and if it is that he forgot it how do I bring it up? when we met we were both drunk and since that day whether he calls or text he calls me babe or baby never says my name. we already went on a first date and planning a second one

Most Helpful Guy

• or he may be trying to establish something right off with you. assuring you that he sees you that way. And you can bring it up by asking him if he is a good speller and asking him to spell your name. even though I would wait to call a girl that a bit, I usually wait for them to call me that kinda stuff first though. Time will tell if he is sincere or not, and it won't be long before you can tell.

What Guys Said 1

• Well for me it means I'm really attached. I don't call a girl that until I've known her for a long time and am dedicated to her. =j

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say he just likes "pet names". I've never met a guy that calls a girl they are JUST starting to date by those kind of pet names, but I think if used appropriately it is kind of cute. It shows affection. You could jokingly ask him why he calls you that and based off his response guage if its because he "doesn't know your name or not" but honestly, by the second date I HIGHLY doubt that.

• It means nothing. Just like texts mean nothing and meeting someone drunk means nothing. He wants sex and doesn't remember your name. Heighten your standards.

• PLAYER - if he calls you that name right away, ITS NOT GENUINE! He yes likely forgets all the girls names. A guy who likes you will wait to say things like that and call you your name until something real has been established.