How to talk to men? How do guys like girls to talk to them?

I don't mean how to literally go up and talk to them, but the style of speaking. Naturally, men like different topics than women, and it would seem that they would never talk about half the things you could talk about with one of your girl friends. One of those said girl friends mentioned to me that you should tease guys a lot and joke around with them.Would you agree? How do you like girls to talk to you, guys?Asking because I have hardly any guy friends, and no boyfriends to speak of either, so not much experience.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Be sweet. Be feminine. Be flirty. Just start a regular conversation and signal your interest. If he's interested, he'll bite. Give him something to bite. Do not ask your girlfriends what guys like to hear. I've seen Cosmo in the supermarket. They don't know what they're talking about. Ask a guy. Also, whatever you do, do NOT be sarcastic at all.

• Haha! Yeah I guess it doesn't make a lot of sense to listen to other girls but I don't know of many guy-written advice columns for women... guess that's what GAG is for ;) I will def find ways to try and incorporate some non-weird touching haha.

• Yes. Dave Chappelle made some jokes in his standup special about women listening to other women in magazines. His short list of what men want is oversimplified and a joke, but the general point that men aren't THAT hard to please is true.

• Oh yeah. Casually touch him nonsexually or "play-hit" him. Men are very rarely touched unless it's in some athletic context, so it's an electrifying feeling when some cute girl does it. Also, your finger tracing around whatever cup you're drinking from.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 5

• i really like this question because I've noticed that I change my talking style with girls as opposed to guys. I don't swear all that much but I make it a priority to really not swear at all in front of girls, and I don't really like it if girls are dropping f bombs all the time either. also, if I'm flirting and the conversation turns sexual, ill be careful about what terms I use: for instance ill say "sleep together" instead of "get laid" or "bang" etc. just cause it sounds less demeaning I guess. teasing is a great thing for both parties to partake in, so I would suggest that as well. so you can tease and flirt but I like it in a way that still shows your a classy girl. the point will still get across.

• i like a girl who can talk about anything. a girl whos willing to talk about anything, even if it doesn't sound like the most interesting thing in the world. I'm glad your actually thinking about what to talk about, but don't forget takes two to conversate and I'm sure he will bring up his own topics. just put effort into your responses and ASK QUESTIONS BACK and he'll be happy.

• it doesn't really matter how you talk to a guy just be yourself and then they might listen. top topics for guys: sports, games ect. for me I like girl to just be thereselfs, and act the way they want. don't worrie about not having many guy friends thell come in time. id be happy to be your friend. and the experience comes in time to. (I suck at talking with girl lol so I'm basically on the same boat) hope this helps a little

• One thing I hate is when women talk to me about shopping and Hello Kitty. Yes, shopping can be fun, and yes Hello Kitty is cute- but forging an entire conversation out of that is useless. When I talk to a woman, in person, I like it when she brings up a topic with substance where we can both intellectually stimulate one another. I know plenty of women to have similar interests to mine, and that often makes for an interesting conversation. In terms of style of speaking, men are blunt. Many women I know say a lot, but don't have a lot to say.

• "Men like different topics" I don't think you should take that as a fact.Yes, most men will love cars, sports, women and beer.But how many women out there also love cars and sports?Anyway, I like girls to talk about whatever interests them. If, for one, they like talking about food, sure let's talk about food.Cars? Sure, cars it is.Gossip.. eh.. sure I can do that.. sort of.Just talk to them, they won't bite. If they're uninterested or not knowledgable about the subject just subtly change it.

• I'm not interested at all in listening to someone's relationship with others if it's a girl I really like, mostly because it annoys me.I do like to listen about relationships between others though, it's very interesting.

• Ah well I didn't mean it quite like that, though I see how I made it sound that way. By different topics, I meant that women like to ruminate and talk about their relationships with others with other people, and such, and I perceive (though do correct me if I'm wrong) that guys aren't going to be interested in hearing about these things. I do know that there are many men and women who share similar interests, but I have thought that they discuss these things in different ways.

What Girls Said 1

• The biggest mistake is trying to hard, and not talking as you normally would, because if you don't you end up having to keep up false pretences.

• Anytime :)

• Good advice! Thanks!