Who do some girls insist on always waiting for the guy to text/initiate conversation?

Please don't give me the excuse of "being old fashioned," or "I'm afraid of looking desperate," ladies.

It just annoys me to no end. I have a really great chemistry over text with a girl over winter break, but I'm tired of asking 21 questions/initiating all the conversations with her. She's the type of person that just never initiates a text out of the blue, and it's really turning me off.

So I decided to do a test. I know she's expecting me to always text her, so I decided to not talk to her or 3 days straight now. This test will show how much she truly cares, or if she's going to be lame and wait for me to do so.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shows that you care and your thinking about her, I use to do that because I didn't want to bug him and seem annoying. Now I don't really care if I like him I'm not going to be waiting around it should be a 50/50 thing at least I think it should be.

• Yeah, I get that. But how is that fair for me, if she can't do the same? It isn't.

• Ipi know it's not, I think you should actually let her know if and when she ever text you first

What Girls Said 5

• This has something to do with "guys have to do the approach" thing...Some still stuck with that belief since we are growing up to believe so.I text my boyfriend whenever I think I should.I don't wait him to text.Even before we are in relationship I use to text him first...sometimes we can't be so selfish and ego..

• Dude don't "test" her that's just stooping on your part.

Try to make her comfortable, and hopefully she'll snap out of the "I'll look desperate" thing

If not do more over the phone or face to face getting to know things

• I don't see how that's stooping..

If anything,

Every time I do initiate a text, I feel like I'm losing respect for myself and stooping low. I won't see her face until after new years.. Winter break. /=

• I'm not playing games.. It's about having respect for myself. Girls can manipulate guys so easily, it's not even funny. I'm tired of chasing girls. I see my situation as entirely understandable. I'm not playing mindgames or with her emotions. I'm trying to preserve some dignifty/self respect in myself, by seeing if she will initiate a conversation is just a test to see if she's worth it--as I'm the one who is doing all the initiating. Otherwise, I'll move on, as I'd just be wasting my time.

• Exactly she should see that each person deserves dignity and respect but the games she is playing don't give you any. Move on because it's not the rut and you shouldn't compete for her affection. She can tell early on who she wants to be with. Back off and see what she does, if she stops then you'll get your answer and it'll be for the best if not beware because she might just want attention but might also want you.

• I hate those "dating rules" some random magazine decided to put out! .. its just completely ridiculous. your doing good, you shouldn't be the only one texting first... may be she's trying no to look desperate or needy... but there is a limit! god sake!

• She's probably not that comfortable around you. If she was comfortable around you, she definitely would initiate conversations with you without fear of coming off as desperate.

• She has like 3 other guys that are interested in her.. Maybe she's just used to having guys initiate to her..

• it's actually the opposite in my relationship so um..i would need help with this one :/

What Guys Said 1

• The princess/entitlement mental disorder is the most common cause.