Should you go out with your best friend's crush?

ok my best friend likes this guy and he seems to like me more than her,so should I go out with my best friends crush?

Most Helpful Guy

• The liberty of choice. You can CHOOSE to go out with him and end up hurting your friends feelings, which may directly sabotage the relationship; or you can choose to let this guy go, which may have no effect on your friendship with this other gal. Just understand that whichever way you choose, you might as well do your best that way you can deal with the consequences accordingly. You and this other guy might bond perfectly well (or he could be lying / is a player) and it's up to YOU to live with the outcome; pushing away a friend for a crush is something I personally would never do - friends are hard to come by, I can find a million new crushes throughout the course of my lifetime.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 7

• Hell no. Where is your sense of loyalty? If you go out with him, and he does like you, you'll most likely start dating. Then every time your female "best friend" sees the two of you together she will be saddened. She will wonder why she wasn't good enough to attract him. And she will be hurt thinking that her best friend felt no empathy or care for her but instead raced to hook up with the guy she liked.

While I am new to this site I must admit that this has been the most shocking question I have read. How can you consider her a best friend if you are willing to ignore her feelings and pursue your interests above hers? What does friendship mean to you?

• well. all depends on whether or not you value your friendship with her- because if you do- that friendship you can just call gone lol.

• Nope. No. No. Not uh. Sure you CAN go out with him and even if your friend says its OK, its really not. You know how much that'd tear her up inside every single time she sees you together? Especially when you kiss or hug? Goddamn I wouldn't wish that on anyone. So, don't.

• If you know your best friend likes him, you shouldn't go for him. Friends first. Especially at your age, when it's not really love, but more learning the rules of attraction.

• Ye go for it. There is no such thing as dibs when it comes to other human beings.

• Depends who you care more about, her or him.

• you could, but that would be a bitch move

What Girls Said 6

• Sure, if you don't mind her being pissed off or slightly heart broken for a while. But here's my suggestion : chicks before d***s. Always (:

• If you really like him you should date but you have to expect that it will effect your friendship both short term and long term.

• Put yourself in her shoes... If you had a major crush on this guy and then she goes and dates him, would you be cool with it or heartbroken? Trust me, right now, no guy is worth losing your best friend over.

• See how she feels about it first...because losing a best friend terrible, especiallly over a guy. If she's okay with it, then go for it. If she's not, thereare plenty other fish in the sea! :P

• hell no, noo ...if you value your friendship then hell no you shouldn't, plus you're young if you do date him it mostly likely will not last for more than a few months..is that worth a friendship that could last for years.

• No. that's called a bad friend