How do I tell him I'm not ready for a relationship?

All right, so this is a bit of a long story,I'll try to summarize though.

So this guy, lets call him "Alan" (who goes to school with me) had a crush on me and messaged me early November. we exchanged numbers, flirted & talked, and he admitted he liked me and I started to really like him. one month passes, we still like each other a lot but I can't date for 7 more months (parents rule) so we're kind of at a point of just friends who have "puppy love". anyways, I've been having lots of conflicts with myself now on what I should do. see, I still like him but I'm not sure I can keep this up. I think I'm a bit of a commitment-phobe, and I'm really not ready for a relationship. also, as much as I like him, I don't see us working out. I can see us as good friends, but that's it... My bottom line is I don't know how to tell him about all this, and I really don't want to hurt him. I saw him through his last breakup and he got really down because of it. how do I bring up the subject and let him down easy? by the way, I'm gonna do it over text Because doing it during school just wouldn't work out

So yeah... that wasn't very short but I hope you guys can help and give me some advice!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You got to be honest with him and let him know that he would be pefect but you are not read yet.