Are we dating...or not?

so this guy I've liked for awhile now finally asked me to "be his his girlfriend". anyways, I assumed that meant we were in a relationship, so I changed my facebook status awhile after, but I know he's been online, and he still hasn't changed his? (it's been two days)

does this mean something?

or am I just over analyzing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you two intimate with each other? Maybe he just wanted to know he can have sex at anytime because you are now his girlfriend, and he still wants to keep his options open (by keeping his face book the same).

How are you two together? Does he act like you are the one and only and treat you with respect?

When guys are young their testosterone levels are high and it's like the hunter and the prey for them. Once they get what they want from one girl many of them start looking for another. It's the nature of the beast. I'm not saying he's like that but remember you both are young and you still have a lot of growing to do, both emotionally and physically.

You don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but don't be naive' either. If you are boyfriend and girlfriend , causally ask him "oh, by the way were you going to update your face book"? His reaction will answer your question...If he delays in answering or gives you an excuse (like what does it matter, it's nothing) then KEEP your options open too! You two would then be classified as Friends with benefits!

• Thanks for the answer!

we are intimate, but we were hooking up before he asked me out. And he doesn't seem to mind holding my hand in front of his parents or kissing me in front of his friends...so it's not like he's hiding it. I don't want to seem clingy or bug him by asking, especially if he just hasn't really thought about it, but I'm not sure if I should change mine back to single if he never changes his?!

• I know it's not the most important thing, but when people ask me who I'm dating if I say him I know they're wondering why it says he's single, it's a bit awkward.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• you're over analyzing.

guys don't think about that stuff right away.

even the most observant guy could probably care less about that.

think about it. it's just a profile update. it's not how he feels or anything

• You are definitely overanalyzing. Guys don't care about that kind of stuff...well at least most of them. Chances are he hasn't even been on facebook yet. Do not be one of those girls who only pays attention to FACEBOOK status.

• I'd be more worried if he changed it the second he got a chance. You're over analyzing like, woah.

Y'know, just asking him if you guys' are official would work. I mean, there's got to be some use for that mouth of yours.

• Is he an obsessive compulsive when it comes to facebook? If not, I'd say it's safe to assume that he just hasn't gotten around to it or it hasn't occurred to him to change it. If he is and he updates everything constantly, than yeah, there would be a conflict.

Chances are though that you're just over analyzing the situation. Some people are just bleh about updating profiles on networking sites. Example: My Myspace still says I'm 14 and I log in daily.

If it really bothers you, just bring it up as a joke. "Hey there sexy, I noticed your facebook said you were single. Let's go out some time *wink wink*"