How to know when a guy is serious about you or not?

oi met this guy...we conversed over the phone for a couple of weeks...he told me that he liked me and he was looking for long term relationship...I liked his conversation and his intellect...well went out on a date and in his car we kissed and cuddled for a bit...well a few days ago I texted him Because he asked me to and he came at me with a I'm tired I worked 11hrs +...and all I asked was if he wanted me to let him rest...he responded with I'm going to get something to eat and said its either yes or no...and he never responded back...so I said to him when you are ready to talk you hit me...but I really don't think your into me as much as you claim...so when you hit me that's when we will speak...I called him the next day he will not answer my calls or texts...I apologized and left it alone...so can someone tell me this do you think he will call or just let our friendship go...I mean to me its petty and childish.

Most Helpful Guy

• Immature behavior on his part. This is a red flag, so in a way, he did you a favor by being a baby about texting.

What Guys Said 1

• When you said "yes or no" he got annoyed and decided not to respond. But that's a good thing for you, because it means he's not showing you respect, which means he isn't interested. Move on and find someone better.

• Yeah...thank you for your point of view on it...I will always remember this...but being that he is 40 I assumed that he would take better control over the situation...I mean I'm always upfront and can admit when I'm wrong...all he had to do was say I'm not interested or don't call anymore instead of asking me to call him

What Girls Said 2

• That text you sent was too intense considering you went on one date. He was tired, maybe he was being a bit reserved, but that reaction said you cared waaaaay too much about it. Now you're calling/texting trying to get him to answer and he's ignoring you. It may be the case that he wasn't interested after your date, in which case yes, he should've told you directly. But I don't think he's being petty and childish now, I think he's freaked out and turned off. I would've reacted similarly if a guy made such a big deal about me being tired.

• Yeah...I think I was...but on some real I called him that day only...I never contacted him anymore after that day...Im just getting back on the dating scene after my husband I split up I just totally don't trust men that much really...I thought because he was 40 that he would at least be a man about the way he felt...but now he is calling me and honestly I have moved on to the next

• Oh I didn't realize he was that old. I understand the mistrust and worries, but take this as a sign that he's not ready to commit. He's still in high school (in his head). In the future, best not to be too overbearing about feelings so early on. Although this may have been a blessing in disguise since I don't think peter pan is ready to grow up.

• Yeah hun...I mean I only enjoyed his intellect and conversation because we were going through thesame things in life...separation from spouses...but actually he got at me even when I was married...just so happened when I split from my husband I decided to give him a chance...basically he was coming off a bit to strong on wanting a relationship and I was like I'm not ready for that and he claimed he would wait which I knew was a game he was playing...but other than I could see him as a friend

• Let him go. He's SO not worth it. And you're coming off as clingy and desperate. If he really liked you, he'd have picked up your calls and really shown it. Don't judge a man by what he says, but by what he does.