Should I wait until after high school to get a boyfriend?

Should I wait until after high school to get a boyfriend? I have never had a boyfriend and all but one of my friends have had one. I sometimes feel left out or missing an important experience. Then other times I am glad because they are always having problems with their boyfriends. I don't know if I should get one or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• jUsually at yoour age there are more problems thatn good times, and it stops you having friendships with other guys, so I advise putting off any couples type datng until you're more experienced in life.

What Guys Said 2

• I say go find one. You only live once and having a relationship in high school is great experience. You are going to meet a lot of guys down the road but learning what's available now allows for a better understanding as to what you want in the future when things count regarding a potential lifelong partner.

• If you want to just fool around then sure. But no if your looking for a serious relationship which your not because your in high school. And if you are don't bother the chances you will end up with someone your with in high school are very slim.

What Girls Said 2

• I felt that boys in HS were very immature, and I was very picky. So I waited after, and well college there isn't a big difference. College I still didn't get a boyfriend, but instead I flirted and made friends with lots of guys. I'm content with being single. In college you are going to want to be single, since you will be partying or meeting new people constantly.

• If you feel like you should go for it! but don't do get a boyfriend because your friends have one.Get a boyfriend for you. My first Boyfriend I dated only because I wanted to say I had one, which I broke up with who was a real jerk . I regret dating him. Now I am asking myself the same question should I get one? my sisters and friends have them. I have learned that before I get a boyfriend I am going to be happy with myself and If I find one good, if not? Oh! Well. But I do know the next boyfriend I am going to have we are going to start out as friends so I can get to know him then and only then I will know if I want to be his girlfriend or just stay friends. I believe that's the only true way you can know a person. Hope this is helpful to you and sorry if It's too long or too much to read.