Why do guys take so long to text back??

He texted me first yesterday, wishing me a Merry Christmas, and I just answered "merry Christmas to you too"...and hours later he texted me back starting a conversation. I answered his text but since yesterday he hasn't texted me back yet...why?

we used to text times ago and he ALWAYS texted back immediately.

Most Helpful Guy

• well when you text, do you use your words? like when he said "merry Christmas to you too" did you start a conversation after that like "how are you enjoying your Xmas today?" or something that initiates a convo? because sometimes I won't text because I feel that starting a conversation may lead no where if there's nothing to go on but that's just me. so a solution would be to text him in a way that would allow him to really interact and get interested in the topic. or send something random that makes him say / think "what? hahaha". then I'm sure that it will come faster. hope this helps :).

• i said "merry Christmas to you too" and then he started a conversation...

• lol I feel stupid :P. and when you replied, did you make it interesting?

• lol...idk, I answered his questions and asked "how are u"

What Guys Said 2

• Fat fingers & lack of grace. I'd be happy to text you back.

• Granted. We often take a while to text back.

And why do you girls always take so long to text back ? ;)

What Girls Said 2

• Because it's the holidays, it's busy. Probably drunk or just forgot about it, it happens.

• i totally agree... I have no idea, girls are attatched to there phones well I know I am, I asked my friend and he said that he replys as soon as he gets the message, so maybe he turned his phone of, battery died, etc