Why do guys reply with one word texts sometimes?

Now I'm not saying girls don't do it too, but its this one guy that occasionally sends one word texts. He doesn't do it all the time but it just irritates me because I'm just like how do I respond to that? Usually when he does that, I just don't reply, not trying to be mean but I just don't know what to say lol I don't think its because he doesn't like me cause he always say how much he likes me and how I'm going to be his future wifey and I don't think he be too busy because he texted me first and it was in the morning so how busy could he be?(this just happened today, that's why I'm asking this lol) so what's up guys? Do you do this and if so, why? Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't do this (that often lol) but people do it to me all the time and what I do is either continue with the same topic or change it. that is done with a question that they will requires more than a yes or no. if they do it constantly I don't reply or I just say that I have to go because I don't have time to sit there bored, thinking of what else I should say hahaha. hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 3

• Cause texting is annoying.

• I've seen girls and guys both doing this, its like they expect you to make the conversation. I especially hate it when a one word reply doesn't tell you anything. I've given up mostly texting and just call instead, saves a whole lot of hassle because people ain't gonna change

• For the same reasons girls do... They have nothing to say at that point. Start asking open ended questions and share information about yourself at the same time so that they can ask questions back.

What Girls Said 1

• They don't like texting as much as we do