If she didn't like me and she thought I liked her, why would she text me?

OK so to be really short, there's a girl I like and right before break I kinda made it clear I like her w/o actually saying it. Before that she never texted me first but then a couple days into break she texts me asking how my break is going.

Like I said, that was the first time she started a convo and the first time she seemed to care over text. How much should I read into this? I mean if she didn't like me and she thought I like her, why would she text me?

And I hadn't texted her at all over break so that was our first communication and she initiated it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if she wants to try keep making conversations then yes she probably does still have feelings for you. If I had no feelings for a ex then I sure as heck won't text him after the break up.

• He meant 'break' as in 'winter break'.

• haha okay my bad thanks. Not used to that terms cause we don't have those in South Africa but my answer remains the same. She probably still have feelings.

What Girls Said 3

• That's a good sign. Doesn't necessarily mean anything for sure, but you've got a decent chance. Just go for it.

• Don't put toooo much thought into it but I think that you should just continue talking to her. She is obviously interested at least a little bit if she texted you first right after you said that you liked her! I know this because that's exactly what I would do if a guy I was interested in told me he liked me, I would make the second move.

• If a guy you don't like strongly hinted that he liked you, would you still text him? Or only if you liked him back?

• sorry another question: so I called her today and she didn't answer. It only rang 2 or 3 times which makes me think she hit cancel. Not for sure though. I left a voice mail so now do I just patiently wait for her to call (or not call) back? Or if she doesn't respond should I call again in a few days?

• i would wait but that's just me!

• Don't think to much into it at all. Just text her back casually and see how things go. In the end, things might work out for you. I would say get a closer relationship with her and let her know the real you. She will more than likely come around.

What Guys Said 1

• Stop right now dude, you are putting way too much thought into this. trust me this will only end badly if you keep analyzing it. doesn't matter if she likes you or not ASSUME she does and flirt, a certain point will come when you think its a good idea to ask her out (you will know) until then the only thing you kno is you like her she likes u, got it?