How long do you wait to respond to your romantic interest?

Do you wait at all? Why or why not? How long or how short and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think you should reply when you want. I hate how people can't just reply normally, everyone needs to play silly games or seems too clingy when they text back too fast. I usually wait a few minutes and respond or if I'm busy, finish what I'm doing then reply, also depends how rolling your conversation is!

• I don't like it either but I know there are some people who insist on it or rather feel that it is more proper. so I have to take it into account lol

What Girls Said 2

• I like to keep a distance mostly because I don't like to seem too pushy or anything near clingy. Or sometimes to make him start wondering and go crazy in his head. I don't play games too often but its fun to not answer text msgs nor call him in like a week or two and when you finally do call them he will be noticeably overly happy to hear my voice wich is cute in a way and I like it hihihihi

• if they send me a message I answer when I see it, I don't really see what waiting does

What Guys Said 2

• Whenever I have some time to respond, really. No need to time my responses or play silly games. If I get involved with someone that "fails" me for contacting too soon/too late, she can hit the bricks with her stupid games anyway.

• I just answer when I see it although some people maintain to a strict timeline, I have had a girl text me back every 2 minutes regardless of how long I took etc. I basically have given up trying to figure this time thing out personally, when have you ever thought you would reject a girl because of how she texts you or the timing of it?