Are muscles a huge turn on for girls? why?

also would you rather date a skinny guy or a muscular guy? why?

Most Helpful Girl

• they shouldnt be too skinny or have too much muscle. guys should be natural and just slender at a moderate level. I hate guys who try so hard and go to the gym trying to impress women that theyve been working out and flicker those muscles...like it ends up creating negative effects for women because even though they have muscles, theyre still not confident and try too hard to get them. So I don't get turned on at all..i like guys who work hard, may be have a job, aren't self consious and watch what they eat, guys should live life and eat what they want that nice slab of steak as the cliche saying goes...theyre biological built to eat a lot and still be strong because they have more metabolism than women...

the more natural the better =)

What Girls Said 35

• It's something in our biological makeup that causes us to desire muscular men. (not to overgeneralize, this is just a bent in "womankind" which may no include all women).

We like to feel protected and besides, they're great to look at!

However, I will qualify this by saying that there are 100000000000 things that are more important than muscles. Focus on developing character and personality, and after that's done, hit the gym. :P IN THAT ORDER.

• I personally prefer some muscle. Not all super sculpted or anything like that haha but it's definitely sexier then someone who is really skinny. But that's just me. I'm not saying I wouldn't date a skinny guy, but I'm initially attracted to someone with some muscle. Average.

• well in the middle because a girl does not want a guy who is so into him self. we want someone strong but you don't have to a total beefcake, lol XD I think that like a REALLY muscular guy is kinda of a turn off, at least for me. girls all have very different taste when it comes to guys. over all it's what you like your self to be, and what your comfortable with. because there are tuns of people you will find that will just like you for who you are. XD

• i would date either and I have. I guess I'm more turned on my a muscular guy, as long as he's not too muscular.

• I agree that it's definitely genetics: girls want muscular guys because they look healthier. It's the sexual selection rule. Guys that can lift you up. regardless of your weight and size, as well as lift other heavier objects, is attractive. However, raging muscles are kind of a turn-off, and lean, toned muscle is probably the best, in my opinion.

I, however, do not care either way when it comes to the person I'm dating. Their body type is completely irrelevant to their personality, tastes, etc.

• I'm married to a really skinny guy...6'6" but, with him being in the Army, he can get pretty muscular and I LOOOOVE it! But not too much, because overdoing it just grosses me out. Doesn't look in any way natural. I like some nice biceps and a slight 6 pack :)

• I'm pretty different than most girls especially when it comes what I find physically attractive in a guy but I like slim guys! I'm not turned off by a little muscle - if I find a guy with that attractive in other ways and he has a good personality and character then I would consider dating him - but I prefer a boyish figure. I'm pretty small and young-looking myself so it partly has to do with that; I don't know what else.

• I've never been a fan of huge bulky muscles. I'm usually more attracted to someone a bit leaner, but still has some muscle.

• Fo me, I'm into skinny guys and muscular ones, but not over muscular, body builders are GROSS. I am also a face person, and I would rathar date a skinny guy with a cute face then a muscular guy with an ugly face. But, outsides aren't as important as a guys personality, and he would also have to be a good guy besides his looks. Girls want to feel protected so that's why a lot would go for the muscular type. Also, when you think about it, muscular is the happy medium between skinny and fat, so it's probably a middle ground for attractiveness. But, I don't think girls care all to much about muscles, just like the media plays up skinny blondes with big boobs guys with a lot of muscles are played up when there are so many other types of attractive people in real life. Hope this helps!

• MMMM I LOVE muscles :) But its all about the personality, so muscles are just a plus ;) I like muscles because they are HOT and I feel like he can protect me when I need it :) BUT I don't like TOO much muscle, like the whole World Champion Body Builder thing going on lol :P

• I like defined muscle, but not overtly bulky. You know their fit and strong, but they aren't going to attack you.

• all a guy has to be able to do is pick me up and I'm only 110 so if that's hard for him I don't know if I would like him so much I don't know I'm kinda shallow I guess I just don't want to be the stronger one in the relationship because then I feel like I am a man I don't know

i DO NOT LIKE BODY BUILDER BIG HUGE GUYS

I HATE THAT THEY JUST ew

• I'm not picky when it comes to it, but too much muscle is kinda gross. And being with a stick boy is also a big turn off. I like my guys to not me smaller than me, thank you.

• id rather date a muscular guy (but not overly bulky like body builder muscles) just because I can feel small and protected in his arms. If he's skinny (and potentially skinnier than me), I would hate to crush him if I sat on him >.<

• I personally love strong, protective, powerful guys, and a mucular guy just gives that aura off more than a skinny dude!

• I think that a guy with muscles are hot as long as you don't have too many that you look like a monster that would be alittle uncomfotmble

• yeah but only to some degree. nice tone= hot. body builder= gross. I don't like skinny guys, but that's just me...i have a gorgeous sister and she's going out with a guy who is skinny as a rail

• Muscles are a turn on in a sense that they are masculine, and they can lift us, they can protects us etc.

but me personally, I don't like skinny guys(haha unlike the other girl!) , I'd rather you be anything but, as long as you're still healthy

• To some extent, I find muscle tone sexy. But, if a guy is totally ripped and has a tighter ass than me, I just find that, not sexy lol. but maybe I'm just weird, I have a thing for skinny guys.

• My most preferred type of a guy is very tall and skinny, but if a guy is shorter, than skinny just isn't a good look for him (mostly because he just seems to fragile then), so he should have some meat on him (or muscles :P)...

• I don't like guys that are too muscular... a little bit is fine but most guys either don't have any muscle at all or they overdo it.

• I personally finds muscles to be disgusting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not into flabby and fat but I don't like muscular men either. I prefer a very niced toned body but no rippling.

• As long as he is taller then me then I don't care either way. Especially if I'm really in to the guy.

• Lmao.. I hate being a 5'8" guy sometimes. About 70% of girls are taller than me at my Uni. :/

• I like nice abs. Like its deffinatly a turn on for a guy to have a nice built body. but when its like really big muscles that's kinda gross. It would be nice to date a guy with nice muscles but it'd just be a bonus. Skinny guys are cool too. They porbably have more time to chill with you since there not working out all the time anyway haha :)

• SUCH a turn on! I like them because it's a security thing. I want to feel safe and protected, like he's a fortress. I just want to feel like nothing bad will ever happen to me when he holds me.

• Completly agree with you. A guy with a lot of muscle is sexy. I've found out for real how easily a muscular guy can protect me. Scary at the time but also amazing and sexy watching a muscular guy in action keeping me safe.

• ive alwys found myself dating guys that are like somewhat in the middle. like they look skinny, but end up being pretttty strong. I mean obviously a more muscular guy is a lot more physically attractive. nothing outrageous though, I don't wanna hug a rock solid guy lol

• i personally don't like too skinny of a guy I like muscle but not too big of buldges because I feel like their trying too hard. if a guy is too ripped its kinda a turn-off at least for me

• too big of muscles gross me out.i like guys in the middle.but if I had to choose between a really skinny guy and a guy with huge muscles I would for sure choose the skinny dude.

• skinny guys are just fine, but muscular guys is definitly a plus ;)

• I agree. Being in shape and being muscular are 2 totally different things. I have had a muscular boyfriend and it is HELL.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 5

• It's weird, I work out a lot, and love to see when I gain muscle.

But although I'm straight and as weird as it sounds, if I imagined I wanted to get with a dude, I try to think up the ideal dude I would find attractive, and try to build towards that physique, and on a whole, I thinks that's what girls like.

For us guys, when we get into weights, there's somthing about our biology that bigger is always better. A lot of us have a complex too, despite how big we get, we still feel small, so we always try to get bigger and bigger. It's weird.

• Should this matter? I guess other things weigh heavily when considering for long-term commitment.

For the fun and dating, I think girls may definitely love the extra oooomph and the power!

• It seems that "muscular" guys tend to be (not always, I know) a turn on for girls mainly for the protective aspect that muscles give off.

To elaborate on this, though, having muscles does not make anyone a good protector. In a fist fight, having knowledge of martial arts would be far more beneficial than having big biceps. In a non-fist fight, having pepper spray, a knife, or a gun would be the way to go in protecting.

Back to the muscles, though. Another reason muscles might be attractive is to allow for some crazy sex positions (like holding a girl up in the air or something).

The last reason is that muscles are considered masculine, so by contrast skinny guys are often considered feminine.

• A girl would say muscles obviously because all girls care about his how a guy looks.

• Nice question