Does Your Significant Other Try to Control the Kind of Food You Eat?

I'd try to eat a Tuna Melt and she'd grab my hand, trying to get me to slow down. My life, my mouth.

Or she threw out all of the salt in my house. I'm not overweight, no high blood pressure. She just didn't think I should have salt.

My life, my mouth.

Don't do this to your guy, ladies. It'll make him resent you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. All the time.

But most guys feel its legit to do to girls because they don't like us if we aren't thin enough. Also, most guys think that they're always right. Whereas, we're supposed to "let men be men" and never have an opinion about anything they do. That being said, a guy is just being honest because pleasing him and letting him do as he pleases as well are really the secret keys to male-female relationships, unfortunately.

What Girls Said 5

• I would never pull that sh!t, I respect my man. Sure he does some things that I feel are bad for him, but he is not a little boy. It's not up to me to train him, reprimand or control him. And he knows better then to try to control me or my actions.

Men are not made to be controlled in my opinion, but I guess that's because I like mine wild lol.

Personally I don't think your woman has a right to do what she did. I'm sure she wouldn't like to have you do the same thing to her.

• Well,she is clearly doing it because she cares on some level about your sodium intake...or you eating delicious tuna melts.If it offends you that much,mention it to her...thats part of being in a relationship-communicaton.

I am a vegetarian and my guy eats meat.I wouldn't dare try and top him from eating meat.HOWEVER,i did quiz him on how much sodium is in cup o'noodles.He had no clue...and when it was revealed he didn't believe it,and he no longer purchases those things...because he cares somewhat about his own health.But there has also been times that he has mentioned something that I shouldn't eat because it may have a negative affect on me.

My point is,makin a suggestion here and there is okay,but attempting to take food out of someones hand or completely try and stop them through aggessive behavior is a little ridiculous.I would only be THAT aggressive if someone was doing DRUGS!

• No way. That's really rude and they should respect your personal decision on what you intake.

• Yes. Ugh. I don't eat those green things.

• No, and I'm glad. I don't think anybody has the right to dictate what people eat except parents with their young children.

What Guys Said 1

• Your girlfriend is lucky I ain't you id smack the f*** out her is she touched my food..