Do you think I should see other people? Is my aunt right?

My aunt always nags me about seeing other people because I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years & she thinks I'm young & need to not stick on one boy... do you think she's right?

Most Helpful Guy

• No she is not right, not neccessarily. I mean if you wanna experiment with different guys then that's cool, but if you wanna stick to just your boyfriend then that's cool too. Some people want variety whereas some people are happy sticking with one person and one person only. Do what YOU wanna do, if you are comfortable with it. I wouldn't put your 2 year relationship in jeopardy just because your aunt said that. That's some stupid advice if you ask me, no offence to your aunt

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on how you feel. But generally I would agree with your aunt. Are you comfortable in the situation your in now with your boyfriend? If you feel restless and unsure of your position with him, maybe it's an indication that you do need to see other guys and experience different people. Also communication is key.

When your dating anybody, it's important to make the distinction between "dating" and "going steady with a guy. In this day and age, this distinction had been lost and young people feel much more pressure to "pair up" as serious couples before they are sure of their feelings and compatibility with that person. Also communicate with your boyfriend on this point. Perhaps he feels the same way despite his affection and love for you.

Either way, communication is key. Don't be afraid to see other people if you feel that you should.

Just make sure to talk it over with your boyfriend.

• generally- yeah... teen years are supposed to be used for experimenting with all kinds of people- but if this guy is seriously the guy you like, then stick with him.

• Ye

• I mean it's up to you. If your relationship is perfectly fine then don't listen to her.

What Girls Said 3

• She's not right or wrong. It's what is good for individuals. Some people feel it's healthier to date around, others don't. You only end up marrying one person, after all. If you're happy with your boyfriend, it's no one's place to tell you to see other people. It might just be her way of saying she doesn't like your boyfriend.

• Babygirl your young dumb and full of well you know the rest, enjoy your youth and live everyday as if it was your last! GET UP, GET OUT & GET IT IN! I'm with your auntie on this one believe you me she's older and weiser so she is just trying to help you...good luck boo

• In a way she's right because you're under 18 and two years is a really long time. I can see her point about thinking you should experiment a little and be with other boys and see what they're like. However, if there are no problems in your relationship and you still like that boy in that very special way it would be silly to end things.