Do you prefer a guy to text or call you?

so you meet a cute guy, he asks for your number and you give it to him. Do you prefer if he texts or calls you when he tries to talk to you? Does it even matter?...Im wondering if women get irritated when a guy just texts her instead of calling or if women have no preference...

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it when a guy actually calls. If I like him, it's nice to hear his voice :) I'm old fashioned!

As long as I have the time a phone call is best. If its just a quick, "I'm leaving to come to your house right now" type thing, then a text is sufficient. But if you call to see how her day was or to talk to her just because, that is a good gesture :) This is especially important when you are trying to get the girl. Calling her sets you apart, because most people now a days just text. Calling her shows you care and that you are thinking about her, so its a good idea :)

What Girls Said 8

• I would rather talk, it does matter if you just met the person on a serious lvl. if its just friends then who cares

a 10 min conversation takes an 1 hr + throught texting, you can't really get to know someone that well if it is all though text. no emotion but a :) or :( lol

• I have no preference.As long as he is actually getting in contact with me,then all is good.Its when all forms of contact stop,that when one should worry.

• I think either is fine. I personally don't like talking on the phone, so I would like the guy to text me more. I think she would just be happy to know that you are thinking about her and are interested in her, so one call during the day, or texting good morning or good night is good. Just don't be quick to ask her to send a pic of herself (sexually) or anything like that.

• I'm not a huge phone caller so I would prefer texting. Maybe if things get more serious ill talk on the phone but I'm just not good at talking on the phone and I really don't enjoy it unless its the only way to communicate and I like the person I will put aside my objections. So if it was me I would love a text.

• Am old school, I rather the guy call me in the begining. I hate it when a guy I just met text to ask me out, I simply ignore until he calls. I mean, you have to put in some effort, text messages are easily misconscrude and can cause problems.

• I get super nervous with calling I would rather he text first but eventually it would need to be a phone call.

• if I don't really know him all that well, I prefer text. I wouldn't know what to talk with him about if he had called. Then again, I'm the shy type.

• oh yeah, espically if I like them...

• that didn't answer the question at all...

• ohkay it pisses me off when guys don't reply to text messages... comprahendo..

What Guys Said 1

• i need this answer also..good question