If it is the first date, and a girl takes out her card and says let me pay. Would you let her?

Okay, so this is the first date.At the end of the date, the girl offers to pay?

As a guy, do you let her? And why or why not?

Girls, out of curiousity, if you do make this gesture, why do you make it?

39

Most Helpful Guy

• If I asked her, I'm paying, if she asked me, she's paying.

Women want to be equal to men in every single aspect of life EXCEPT dating. They still want to keep "traditional values" which tip the scales unfairly in their favor but still demand to be treated the same in every other way.

So all the women reading this thinking I'm a woman-hater, I will admit that I can't stand American women, I've never met a single one that was worth all the effort they require. Jump though hoop after hoop, play game after game, demand to be impressed and cost a fortune to keep interested, no thank you.

Argue with me.

• Why would any one argue with you? Nail on the head. The reason men used to pay for dates is because men used to be the only ones that worked. These days not only are things more expensive but women are in the workforce as well. I don't care if it's the first date or the hundredth, don't OFFER to pay if you don't want the guy to say OK and let you pay.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• On a first date I would NEVER let a girl pay. Hell no! I would tell her to put that card away ….however the gesture alone would at least tell me that she’s not a superficial chick. That she can hold her own and doesn’t expect the guy to just automatically take care of her.

And for me, that’s a total turn-on.

• It depends on who asked who out. If I asked her out, then I'm paying. If she asked me out, and she really wanted then pay, then I would offer to go dutch.

• Yup. I don't play that game of "i'm going to offer so you can tell me no." If you want me to pay, don't take out your card at all, and generally I will pay if I invited you out. If you whip out your card first and offer, then I'm going to accept, simple as that.

I'm certainly not going to argue to pay, not because I'm cheap, but because offering to pay "as a test" is rude. I wouldn't date a girl that would play games like that anyway.

• The only people downrating me are obviously gold digging losers too retarded to even comment and defend themselves. Either that or they're broke. If you want the guy to pay, don't offer to pay. Seems pretty logical...but then whoever said gold diggers were logical.

• I wasn't assuming that asking to pay was a test, I was just asking girls. I understand the not wanting to play games thing. Usually I think the one who asks (on the first date) should pay, but that's just me. So if I am the one who instigates a guy coming out with me, I pay.

• I wouldn't let her. If we were on a date, it's because I asked her out, and because of that, I am the one who gets to pay. She agreed to spend time with me, not to buy time with me. I understand that some girls would rather go dutch because idiot dudes expect a physical payback if they pay for everything, but that's not how I operate. I'd rather touch her heart, mind, and soul first.

• Oh my goodness. I wish all guys were like you. Sometimes (not all the time) I feel like if I don't try to pay, the guy feels like he should get something from me.

• I'm sorry you've felt that way. Don't feel pressured to give anything you aren't ready to give. I would much rather anything given to be given freely and without compulsion.

• I would offer to split the tab, if she keeps insisting I'll let her pay. I can always pay it the next time.

• If she was adamant about paying I'd go dutch.

• If I asked her out - no way in hell she's paying. if she asked me - Id still struggle with it but MIGHT -- just depends on the situation.

• I personally wouldn't let her because I like to make her feel special, so I pay for her. If she insisted, I would have to oblige, but I wouldn't like it. ^^

What Girls Said 3

• My opinion... It might be a test. Haha. Some girls might wanna see if you'd actually argue to pay for the first date. (In other words, to tell if you're cheap, because some guys are like 'Oh, cool, thanks' without even at least arguing to pay on the date) But then again, it might not be the case. Maybe she just prefers paying on the first date? Don't make it a habit of letting her pay for dates though. Personally, I feel uncomfortable for guys to pay on the first date. I prefer going dutch.

• I am all about tradition, which means guys paying and stuff. I don't think that I would offer to pay for first date. But if I did, I would offer because I would feel bad about the cost of the date. That is the only reason why I would offer to pay, or split the cost.

• I definitely wouldn't offer to pay on the first date, but on following dates I would. I would expect to go dutch for a first date. I pay for other dates because either I invited the guy or I'm just am able to pay.