Should I obey my parents and stop touching my boyfriend except for holding hands , or should I rebel?

So, me and my boyfriend(we are both Christians) have been together for a little over a month and we just had our first kiss (neither of us had been kissed before). My parents found out and got real mad and were saying how I am a tease because I don't want to have sex before I am married, but I am arousing him. I really like kissing and hugging him, but I don't want to disobey my parents and rot in Hell for all eternity. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My boyfriend and I are active Christians. We are trying to live to the letter of the Bible, but we just don't have the knowledge to get by with out conforming to the world. And I choose not to have premarital sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your trying to live according to the Bible and you're questioning your action, maybe you need to look at yourself and really ask yourself if you are doing something that God disapproves of. A lot of these answers talk about how your parents need to adjust to the real world and every Christian sins. Things is to live by the Bible is not a common thing living in this world. It's the Devil field on earth. Yet, you have the strength to not conform, mistakes will be made of course. the Bible isn't for the rich and healthy, but the poor and sick.

In laments term, you are suppose to obey your parents but it's what in your heart that tells you if what your doing is inappropriate. Seek help from a older member YOU RESPECT from your church or something. Sometimes getting opinions from other adults are more influential.

If all else fails, pray about it! He'll let you know.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't let your parents scare you with their fairy tales. Claiming kissing is a sin is just... ridiculous. Premarital sex does not give you a ticket to hell either. Time for your parents to adjust to the real world.

• Also there is no hell. So you shouldn't worry about it anyway.

• The bible is pure symbolysm. It's a guide for how to live your life, not some kind of devine law. Living the bible by the letter is just plain silly. Every single part of Christianity, except for the holy trinity, is ripped from previous "pagan" religions. EVERY part.

You have every right to believe in a creater and in an afterlife. But if there's a creator, there isn't a single organized religion that knows his way. And there's no way (s)he's against premarital sex.

• Firstly, if you think you're going to rot in hell for eternity - you're reading the WRONG bible!

Secondly, every person growing up needs to experience stuff and your first boyfriend is part of that mix. My step-brother is 12 and has a girlfriend! Geez! It's no big deal hugging and kissing, BUT you should be assessing situations as/before they arise and making sensible decisions - not sitting on auto-pilot throughout this experience. Respect your parents concerns, and importantly respect yourself! :-)

• Jesus said to obey your parent, and Paul said if your eye offends thee then to pluck it out. So you better lay off touchin your boyfriend before your parents pluck your eyeballs out.

• Buy radioactive suits and rub up against each other

What Girls Said 2

• just because your parents tell you will rot in hell doesn't mean you will you are not an evil person because you kissed your boyfriend your just doing something that comes naturally when you are dating a person and I know that you said you don't want to have premarital sex and I get that and respect your choice not to but sex is not something to be ashamed of or kissing and you will not rot in hell for having sex you would just be braking a rule that you decided on not to have sex if you decide to brake your rule fully and decide to have sex find out about birth control and use condoms your parents are just trying to scare you and they are using your religious beliefs and slaping you in the face with it but at the same time they probably want to make sure he is the one you want to marry at some point in your life and that you don't have a baby to young in your life since you have lots of time to have children with some one you love

• Kissing is okay. If you are firm enough in your beliefs then a kiss shouldn't lead to anything else.