What do you think when a girl texts you first?

A guy I like ALWAYS texts me first but there are some days where he doesn't text me at all. Guys, if you are always the text initiator and you don't text a girl, does it mean you don't want to chat to her? Or are you just waiting for her to text?

It's tricky because I feel like if I text him, I'm being annoying but I'm also worried if I don't initiate it sometimes, he'll think I'm just not that into him. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• After a while if the girl never initiated I would feel like she was stringing me along and start looking for excuses to cut her off. I've done it before.

That being said I don't do text. Phone is better.

• No he is very much a texter, very rarely does he call. But if he always initiates it, can't you understand why I'd be in the habit of waiting to hear from him first?

• He always initiates it because its expected of him. But he'll get tired of it eventually.

What Guys Said 3

• I have a girl I text and I won't text her on some days until she decides to initiate the conversation instead

• um, it wouldn't hurt to text him once in a while so that he know you actually want to talk to him

• I do sometimes but it's definitely him who starts the convo most of the time.

• i have a tough time of thinking of things to say during texting regardless I agree if she never initiates it first I begin to think she only wanted attention from me

What Girls Said 1

• In the exact same situation! I get really sad when he doesn't text me and I never know if I should text him first! Sometimes when I do initiate the convo he doesn't seem to be that into it...I feel he only wants to talk on his terms at times :(

• Uh huh I feel like this too! But he behaves like he's really into me at other times! Like he tells me I look good and then he said that 'everyone says us two should hook up'. I don't get it...

• was the conversation okay? did he talk to you a lot? yup he texted me a day ago but then just like that stopped responding mid conversation so I got frustrated and stopped trying. I'm not going to text him again until he smartens up!

• Yeah fine, just joking around and what not. Mine doens't stop mid convo, but our convo's have kinda just been pointless jargon lately haha. All the best!