Is online dating effective?

Is using an Online dating site or finding someone online actually work and if so does it inherently because problems like an initial lack of any trust of a stalker est stigma

Most Helpful Girl

• it works I think its just hard at first because we have expectations of what this person will look and act like before we meet them. It also very difficult to create a connection via email and people can misrepresent themselves. Often the pictures and descriptions don't match who we meet in person. And since we have never really had much but online contact we are afraid, especially women, to give too much information in case this person is a psycho. However I think its important to be very honest and do your best to not ask for too much information upfront.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that it can be but 98% of the time, one or both people are falling for an illusion. I've been in two online relationships that I consider fairly serious. By the end of both of them, I learned that both guys didn't fully reveal themselves to me. When you're in a relationship, it should be because two people have shown each other all that they are, even the bad parts, and they still love and accept each other. Plus, there are things from a real relationship that you simply cannot attain in an online relationship.

So yeah, I know it can definitely work out for some people. But most of the time, it doesn't

• It definitely can be if you talk enough

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, I don't really think so. I am and probably will always be a fan of meeting girls the traditional way. It just seems much more genuine that way.

• Google search for: OKCupid Why You Should Never Pay For Online Dating.

Personally I haven't had any success on the sites. I would like to know why too!