Do you actually read profiles when you go online dating?

Just wondering. Be honest. I admit that I myself don't really read too much - I would rather come in contact with a person and THEN decide if it's a match. And, yes, having so may profiles to browse inevitably makes you picky, don't you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always read the profile when I am dating online. It's a good way to get an idea of how the person is. It also tells me if they are actually serious about finding someone or are just on there because a friend dared them to or are not serious about it. For instance, someone with no picture and all their profile says is "if you wrnt 2 no moer, message meE" That person won't be getting a message from me. They obviously didn't put any effort into the profile, so it shows me they aren't serious about finding someone and possibly that they can't spell :P

Plus if they say something in their profile and have a picture to back it up, it makes what they said a lot more believable. Like if they said they went to Uganda to help orphans, great, that is a nice story, but how do I know for a fact that person did what they said they did. If they have a picture of it, then I can believe it at least to some extent.

Obviously people can lie and embellish themselves on their profile. But at least you have something you can compare what they tell you in person about themselves with their profile. Some people will lie about being in college, or working somewhere. If I find out that they are lying about significant things in their lives (ie. about having kids when they said they didn't) then I can kind of figure out for myself if this is a person I want to date. Seeing as how they obviously are hiding things from me, it's probably a good indicator to run! :P

What Girls Said 3

• I haven't online dated, but I think your choice of judging their personality/how they are when you meet them is a smart idea. A lot of times people tend to boast themselves on the internet, especially online dating profiles.

• I have not online dated but I think that if you read someones profile, even if it is all dishonest, it gives you insight on how they view themselves. Surely this is beneficial when it comes to finally meeting them face to face.

• I admit that if I don't like what I see in the picture or the guy does not have a picture of himself I won't even bother clicking on his profile. Even when I do see someone I am attracted to I don't really read it. In person is way better.

What Guys Said 0