Met online, how long before suggesting a meeting?

Met a girl online last week. We talked for a few days, then she gave me her number if I wanted to text her and we have been for the last 3 days.

Now I feel like it's my job to suggest when we should meet up and I don't want to appear creepy and suggest it too soon. Should I wait an week, two weeks, etc. maybe even try talking to her over the phone a few times prior to asking about meeting?

She lives about 40 minutes to an hour away from me if you're wondering.

Met on a dating site, if it wasn't obvious enough.
I forgot to mention, along with giving me her number, she did contact me first over the site.

Most Helpful Girl

• well hint in on it gradually, like "i'm gonna watch a movie, you should come watch it with me!:)" something easy like that.. but I'm not really sure what to tell you, do you like her? if you do like her, just flirt with her about stuff like that... don't pressure her though, that will scare her away! OR you could just be random and say "we should meet up sometime, if you're up for it!?" but hey, it's up to you. But don't always bring it up you know? well, I hope I helped! :)

• Hmm I think it's too early to say I LIKE her, but I am interested getting to know her more and I find I am more attracted to her.

Anyway, we were on the subject of old Disney films and I made the comment "we should watch Aladdin sometime :p". So we'll see how she response.

Thanks :)

• Wooo! I hope all goes well

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Did you meet her on a dating site, or just 'in general'?

• Yes it was a dating site.

• The guy I know with the most success on dating sites asked women out the first time he contacted them. "Read your profile, you seem interesting, how about coffee/a drink'.

its a dating site.

She gave you her number.

Meet her. Until you meet, you really don't know if there's any potential or not.

• Well, depends on how confident you are in meeting her. How much you can trust her, and how she feels. I would typically wait a month or two (my personal preference) but do what you two feel is best. Since its a dating website, I would say a week or more seems a good idea myself.

• I'm not too worried about meeting her, will definitely do it in a public place ( just incase, you never know nowadays... )