Long or short dress for PROM?

Ladies and gents, Which do you prefer 4 yourself/your date?!

+++Im super short (4'9) so if anyone wants to help me pick one out I would be SO thankful! :)

Happy voting!

• Long (floor length)
  • Short (above the knee)

Most Helpful Girl

• link

link

link

FOR THIS ONE - THEY HAVE SO MANY COLORS - BUT ITS A CUTE SHORT DRESS THAT IS PRETTY DRESSY.

link

HERES THE MAIN WEBSITE: link

just scan through them - but those are generally the types of dresses that are popular for prom. I would look through and get an idea of what you want. Then go to a store that sells prom dresses - (I personally went to places like bloomingdales, macys, [jcpennys - sometimes has stuff], cache, or other random places you might see at the mall). Try on a bunch of things and whatever you feel most comfortable in and shows off the way you look in a good way is usually a good choice. But never choose a dress that you feel uncomfortable in even if you love the way it looks. Because it will ruin your night - or at least my one friend did that - yeah she looked great, but her night wasn't that great because she was uncomfortable!

Hope this helps you, let me know if you need anything else or have any other questions! [=

• Thanks so much 4 your help!! When I find one I like, I am going to get your approval. hahaha =D

• Hahahaha!!! kay lol [= I had so much fun prom dress shopping!

What Guys Said 5

• Go with a long dress. Wearing a long dress makes it clear that you don't need to dress provocatively to look great. Long dresses are classy and can still be very enticing if they're nicely done on the top half.

• well I'm more old fashioned so I say long dress.

ok from what I can tell for your pics a long dress would probably look great on you oh and you have beautiful blue eyes. (lol sry noticed when I browsed your pics.)

ok so imo id say go with a blue dress that goes to the floor

also since you have longer hair it goes with long dresses better

• I guess its something about your intention. If you want a guy who like you no matter who are, dress code shouldn't be a criteria. However those guys who hunts girls for short fun prefer super mini and exposing so they can have the signal to take you bed. In the other hand if you want a guy respect you and find out more about your personality and feeling for a long term relationship, best way to retain decent look to give appropriate message, Define the meaning of being liked by a guy? you want a guy to like your personality, your mindset that can lead him to like you completely or you want a guy like you because you expose your physical features but doesn't really care about your feelings and personality? If you know how to answer that then you will know what you should do

• Short is cute. As for the dress I don't know.

• You should go with a mid length dress. Not too long, nor too short. It looks good, and doesn't make you look slutty.

What Girls Said 12

• If your really short as you say you are, a long dress would actually make you look shorter because it hides your legs and basically kind of stumps you unless if you get a tightly fiting one but with your height I would go with a short one or something that shows your leg in some sort of way. This will show your legs and give you an optical illusion of looking taller too, as will your heels

• I picked short, because I think a long dress might affect your height more and make you appear shorter. Showing more leg to give the appearance of height (and long legged-ness)might be more suitable for you. Plus, short dresses are usually much cuter ! But then this is only my opinion, I hope I helped! ^^

• Since your short(no offense haha) you need to wear a short dress. it accents your legs and makes you look taller. a long dress will make you look shorter, and you don't want that. Hope it helps.

• I really believe prom dresses are meant to be long. Homecoming sure, wear your dress as short as you want (well maybe not really.) But prom is the epitome of elegance, and traditionally the dress is always long.

Because of your height, you'll probably have to get your dress tailored or just look at dresses made for petite girls. Google always helps me find dresses.

• If I actually went to prom I would wear a short dress because a long one just spells out disaster (I'm clumsy). I'd wear my converses with it.

• Mini dresses are in right now! I'm petite too or get one that's 3 or 4 inches above the knee with hells! You'll look great!

• I clicked the wrong one! My prom dress was to the floor - the majority of the people at my prom wore longer dresses, but some people wore short. (This was last year). Are you excited!? It was so much fun. What color dress do you want?

• Ahhh! maybe you could help me?! I have no CLUE about fashion lol. I am only 4'9 and I have no idea what type of dress would look best on me. Or what color...

• Yeahhh! I can help you! Personally I think that you can either get a long or short dress. It is really up to you and what you feel most comfortable in. I think that you would look great in light colors. Since you have light hair and blue eyes. A blue dress might bring out your eyes and it would look really pretty!

here are some dresses that I think would look pretty:

-- they will be in other comments on this question cause they won't fit hhahaa. and I don't know how to make a link thing. lol

• Long dress will make you look longer and probably thinner appearing (doesn't look like you need to be concerned about that though). = )

• Tough question. I'm trying to decided to. The positive with the short is that its not as easy to mess up and its definitely easier to dance in.

• Depends on your body, not how tall you are. If you have really nice legs, show them off with a short dress. If you have a sexy back, make sure the dress is low cut around your back...etc...

• Depends on the theme.

I would go for long. Who doesn't like getting all dolled up every once in a while?

• Yeah but you can still be dolled up in a short dress...

• Exactly!

:D

• Yeah she's right, it doesn't matter what dress you wear, its who you're with and how you carry yourself that matters

though id go with short and the guys fav. color and or matches his suit.... that's just me though

• short, it will make you look taller