That awkward moment when you are kissing somebody and you both look into each others' eyes?

Why do we close our eyes when we kiss somebody?

does it have to do something with bad omen?

"Should've known you was trouble from the first kiss

Had your eyes wide open, why were they open?"

Bruno Mars - Grenade

Most Helpful Girl

• Apparently, we close our eyes as a kind of instinct I guess. The theory behind it is that by closing our eyes, we "lose" a sense and so enhance all the others, albeit not by much. So we close our eyes to make the kiss feel better and more sensual.

Whether or not there's actually fact behind this, I'm not sure. I just heard about the suggestion of such logic.

What Girls Said 12

• well I think people close their eyes, to kind of get into the moment, it feels right, because it is really awkward wen you are kissing and out of nowhere open your eyes...

• No the awkward moment is when you open your eyes to see the other person looking somewhere else

• also people don't generally keep their eyes open because when you look at something that up close you go cross eyed

• I totally agree loool

• Cause its weird looking into someone's eyes being that close and it makes your eyes go cross. I was making out wiht a guy and felt someone staring at me and opened my eyes and he was wide-eyed staring at me. I pulled away and said "what the f***?" and he was like, "What?" I got up and left. It was too creepy. I can't stand when guys open there eyes during kissing. I am all for eye contact for not when kissing. Pull away and eye contact yes. Open eyed kissing no.

• I like both. sometimes I peek & his eyes are closed and he looks really cute& innocent. closing is nice to because you enter into a different world & your other senses are heightened.

• Because people make retarded faces when they are kissing and we'd rather not see it! LOL :)

• I think its romantic. I've never felt awkward whenever that's happened.

• hahahaha the temptation to do a spaaace filler is always so strong for me too :p

• Closing eyes just makes it more intimate I think. I'm not sure why but I know that if I had my eyes open I wouldn't feel right! But I don't think it's awk if we make eye contact for a sec

• that's not awkward at al. I think that's such a sweet time

• I think it's kinda sexy ;)

• I don't I think like the act of kissing isn't that sexy when you actually take a look at it. I guess, also, it could be that opening your eyes makes it much more intimate and some people don't like that.

• It's just natural to close my eyes. It feels better to me to just let go. It's awkward if I keep my eyes open too long.

What Guys Said 11

• trust , enjoying the moment :p

• You close your eyes because the best things in life cannot be seen with the naked eye. They are intangible. I'm surprised no one said this yet!

• While staring in each others' eyes": I would think : "damn, would she have noticed that I'm getting a hard one right now?" -> pretty uncomfortable to me if you ask me.

• Haha that's funny. I actually like when that happens even if its just kissing. Shows the guy is truly interested or turned on

• It's something a guy just can't hide from a women, but it's good sign I guess.. only not all women like it though.

• because we have fear for to much nearness!

• It is just instict..

• go look into the mirror and keep eye conect with your self... its not that romantic.

• I don't close my eyes when I kiss.

• How's that awkward? It's very intimate.

• I don't like you.

• So we can pretend we're kissing her younger hotter sister, obviously.

• When you open your eyes it's more about comfort of being with that special someone. The eyes are the window to the soul and sometimes they speak more words than the mouth ever could.