Ladies over 25... When you give a guy your number, do you expect a phonecall or a text?

Would you rather him contact you by phone or text once he's gotten your digits? And if he ended up going the other route (phoning you instead of texting, or vice versa) would that count as a strike against I'm or no?

Explain why, please? Thanks.

• Phone
  • Text
  • Doesn't matter which
  • I'm just a guy looking to see the answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Grow a pair & call. Some girls don't find it the easiest thing in the world to give a guy her number, so remember that if it happens, even if you don't intend for much to come of it. Anyone can text, but I think it takes a guy with real guts to pick up a phone & have a conversation. I remember the guys who do & the ones who cop out with a text.

• That's the thing. I prefer calling and hate texting. But it seems that most girls are shocked--in a bad way--when I call rather than simply text after getting their numbers. Like it freaks them out or something.

• Probably more shocked than freaked out. Most guys just text, that's why I tend to remember the guys who have the guts to call. But if you're unsure, text back & forth maybe a couple times & then call. That might ease you both into it. Good luck!

• See I don't think calling is something that requires guts. That part is already overwith by the time you've got her number. it's just I have a hard time taking someone seriously over text.

What Girls Said 4

• Text first then call. But, that is just me. I tend to be more awkward and shy over the phone and texting can break the ice and I get more comfortable. It wouldn't be a strike against the guy if he called or anything. It's just my preference.

• Text first and then a call. Either way would be fine though

• what should I say if I were to call this girl I met just a couple of times? Would it be weird? Because we just text each other a lot really frequently..

• I don't expect anything, since a lot of people don't follow up. For the first contact, a text at first is fine, but I'd prefer a phone call somewhere in between him making contact and going out on a date.

• Sorry I meant to agree but I'm on my phone and my finger slipped.

• Ask her to hang out, Alex!

• I don't even expect a call since so many guys collect numbers then don't call yet oddly enough they almost always call or text.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how he contacts me and it would not be a strike either way.

Have you thought about just asking which she would prefer?

What Guys Said 1

• lol none of the girls prefer text but I can understand the reactions you are getting from some girls if they thought they weren't going to hera from you.