How often do you see your boyfriend/girlfriend?

how often do you see your boyfriend/girlfriend on a weekly basis? just curious as to how I should be feeling. I just made things official with a guy so I'm in the new relationship phase and its exciting and fun. I think its healthy not to constantly be with one another, and to still have separate lives. but I want to see him all the time. and when we're apart I miss him. he's not as emotional as I am and balances out his life better meaning he can spend a couple of days with me and a couple of days here and there with his boys. when I'm not with him I get anxious but I'm trying not to show it and act like I have other things going on too. right now, we see each other about 3-4 days outta the week. ugh.. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a good exercise to try getting yourself to see him a little less than you'd like. It helps you be more independent and concentrate on yourself. Both people in a relationship don't always agree on how much time they want to spend together, so you may have to compromise if you want to try to make it work.

My boyfriend and I have always spent a lot of time together, that's just how we are. I have never had many friends as it is, so I'm kind of dependent on him. But he is okay with that and makes the effort to see me whenever he can. We try to see each other everyday.

When we're in school, we just see each other on the weekends. That used to be hard on me, but I've gotten more used to it and I'm happier being able to do things on my own and feel productive.

• @you may have to compromise if you want to try to make it work.

i disagree. time is a central theme in a relationship. its not like disagreeing on which movie to watch. I think if they have different needs if it is vastly different.. it won't wrk. especially if she's only pretending to be OK. she may be OK later in life with less time--but she isn't now. shell end p getting into the habit of pretending to be OK. I think its unhealthy.

• It wouldn't necessarily be "pretending" to be okay. I think it can be healthy to learn not to be so dependent on your bf/gf. Their relationship is still very new, they haven't even had time to TRY compromising. There's no indication he doesn't WANT to spend a lot of time with her. If she was asking all the time to see him and he refused, then I would say their needs don't seem compatible.

What Guys Said 2

• Calm down.

You still need to have some independance.

Spend some time doing things just for you.

Are your friends wanting some time with you alone?

What did you enjoy spending time doing before you met?

• I would expect to see a girlfriend at least every two to three days. Of course things can come up, but this is how I would want it to normally be.

What Girls Said 4

• Ok. I'm gonna give the girl side. lol. As a girl we have more feelings emotions and all of that and we want to be with him all the time. I totally understand how you feel. You just have to try and not be attached and all of that at first. Just do your own thing. Text a friend when you think of texting him or go hangout with family, go workout, do something for you. Also, don't lose yourself and who you are when you get with a guy because if for some reason it doesn't workout you don't want your identity to be gone. Keep who you are and do what you did before yall were together. You should be able to do your own thing and incorporate him into your life. But trust me I understand...as girls...that's how we feel. : ) I also am 26 and when I was 21 I probably was this way. You are normal.

• spending more or less time with one person doesn't indicate how emotional you r. it indicates your preferred emotional outlets.

shes not u, she's her. she should feel however she feels.

You are telling her she's normal to the extent everyone is supposed to try t change themselves.

many women like space, many guys like lots of quality time- nothing to do with gender-she should be with someone she is compatible with.

stop saying WE. I am nothing like what you described-nor are most women I know.

• That's about right lol It makes sense that you want to hang out a lot in a new relationship. It's new, it's exciting! Guys have an easier time with being a part from a new girl. It takes time for guys to create such a deep connection and attachment as you are feeling This is the exact reason why guys say that girls get too clingy 1) they aren't in love(you would want to spend a lot of time with the one you love) and 2) they don't build emotional connections as fast(clinically proven). Even though it's hard, you have to give this time to grow. Stay strong girl.

• i don't think that shows he's less emotional. he just has a broader spread if emotional outlets.

a good amount of time, is w/e time you both agree is good for both of you.. this doesn't sound mutual. you may not be compatible.

• i mostly see him everyday since we go to school together sometimes on the weekend if we go on a date or hangout