Is this a date? Please be open minded.

I met a guy at my friend Ellen's house. Her husband died of cancer when she was 21 leaving her with 2 children, and her male roommate helps pay the bills. He poked me on facebook so I aded him as a friend (but he added about 10 other people in the same week) then Ellen gives him my e-mail address. He chats with me online before going to work today, asking me if I wanted to hang out with him during lunch break and I told him I was at work. Then he gives me his cell.

I told ellen he gave me his cell and he as like "Really?!" And then she said the two of us should go out for drinks that day even though I already told Ellen I was going over to her house. I told her I had a 10:00 curfew and that I couldn't make it to their house until 8:00 o'clock and night and that since none of us had vehicles it would be impossible for us to get tot he bar and back in time and she says "just go." She said he needed to make friends, because Ellen was going to move in with her mother in law in 2 months and then her rommmate would be on his own with no friends.

I said yeah I'll hang out with him if your there and then she was like "so not alone?" and I was like... "yeah alone too, but just as friends." His ex-girlfriend was GORGEOUS and I am kind of chubby. Most guys won't even talk to me because they don't like the way I look.

Do you think this is a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be. You'll only know after you've gone. I wouldn't think about it too much. Just go.

What Guys Said 2

• This IS a date. Curfew? Vehicles? Gorgeous ex-girlfriends? Forget them all and just go on a date.

My ex, who I almost married, was a knock-out but lately I'm hot (in all ways) for a girl who is a bit bigger but is funny and cute and creative and makes me feel good to be around.

Do you want to go on a date with this guy? If yes, then just do it. If no, then don't. See how simple that is?

• Kyle said it wasn't a date.

What Girls Said 2

• I think your friend is trying to hook you two up. Telling him to talk to you and telling you to talk to him.

And you'll know if its a date when he offers to buy your drink, and says we should do this again sometime.

• I would say yes. I think a date has to be these two things in order to be classified as a date: 1.) You (a girl) and a boy ALONE. 2.) You don't really know the person that well or haven't hung out/been around them that much, which is like in your case. I mean I don't think people are that desperate to make friends and if they did they wouldn't go to all that trouble and ask some other people (like Ellen) to come along. That's just my opinion. Just go and have fun. Good luck!