Dates scare the sh** out of me!!! Help?

just being one on one with a guy I like and am getting to know is scary! like WHAT DO WE TALK ABOUT? I feel like it would be so awkward and so much pressure and what if there is a silence? aaahhh

Most Helpful Guy

• If there is silence he will focus on you and how you look and how hi like him. If he don't like you, there is nothing to do, and if he does, then He will start conversation, he will bring it back on, wouldn't him?

When you get scared, at that moment try to think that he is thinking the same. It will balance you out, because he Is most probably thinking the same. He is thinking: "What am I going to say?". He is nervous too, even if he does not show that. Most probably at that situation he is feeling awkwardness for both of you so you don't have to :D.

So when you realize that he is in the same situation you are and that it is as much pressure on him too. If something goes wrong you didn't do it. You Both did it. If something goes absolutely right it is your fault :D as much as his.

There is one rule. There are no faults in communication. Only feedback. When you get bad reaction it is a success. But you communicated something else than you wanted. So try it some other way. It is opportunity to communicate better.

So go talk the crap out of him :).

What Guys Said 3

• trust me - you are not alone.. But hopefully - and typically things just fall into place. Sometimes there will be silence but just know if there is; it is just as much his fault as it is yours. HE knows that too. So I have read and heard that you can just acknowledge the awkwardness and say something like "wow first dates are also so awkward wanna just pretend this is a second date and move on?" -- now I know that sounds really corny but it is something I read and if nothing else you could ask what is the worst date he has been on - (hopegully NOT yours) and then that can branch into a whole branch of life experience 'worsts' OR whatever is the case. Just know you are two people who hardly know each other - There is TONS to talk about. And did you kno people who own iPhones have the most sex?

• Want to know the best way to get over your anxieties on a date? Talk about your anxieties. He'll take it as a compliment and it really does help calm you.

• Its a date so you need to be on your best behavior , same for him too . . Dates don't prove anything, its artificial so act like a clown . . . nobody cares . . .

What Girls Said 2

• Act interested in him, maintain eye contact when he is talking, listen to what he says, respond appropriately and then ask another question. If you do this, the date will be over before you know it, and he probably will have to go on a second date with you just to answer his questions about you. :P

• Get to know him. Ask him questions about music, or hobbies etc. Find something in common, or something you can discuss about!