What are the alternatives for lol?

what are the alternatives for lol?

do you find lol weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm accustomed to "lol," though I don't use it myself.

Alternatives include the following:

lawl - often used as the sarcastic alternative to lol

haha - basic laughter

heehee/hehe - a chuckle, more commonly used by girls

mwahaha - used to express more of a cackle, often for dark or twisted humor

ahaha - a variant of "haha," also rather basic laughter

heh heh - another, softer chuckle

When expressing a laugh through text, I prefer to find a way to mimic how I laughed.

• so I have finally graduated from lol thanks a lot to educate this noob lol

• ^^ I forgot about these. Thank you, now I just have to remember to use them.

What Girls Said 9

• I used to find lol weird, but eventually, I found myself limited in options so I started using it. I find you can use 'haha' ,or 'hehe' (which is maybe a little feminine; I don't know) or if you a Korean you can use 'kkkkkk', which I believe is the romanic form of one of their characters. Other than the only ones I know are variations of these. Of course you could always use the English language to convey the level of pleasure you are deriving from someone jokes.

• rofl=rolling on floor laughing...

Well,I don't know why but when someone says lol it occurs to me that he is laughing for something that was said and was completely irrelevant(I can't explain myself well so let me use an example

*while discussing about politics someone throws an ''I'm an elephant and want to fly''.The meaning of lol that occurs to me suits perfectly as an answer to the guy that say the elephant thing...

• i use ''lol'' too many times and one time a guy really annoyed me because of that and said ''every time you'll type lol again I'll take that as lots of love''...

then I just changed it to ''hahaha'' or '':D''

• I use tehe :)

• I use ha ha most of the time but I use lol too.

I don't find it weird at all haha, maybe when people use it like in real life but other than that not really

• I've actually caught myself saying lol in real life before. I took a brake from the computer after that.

• i prefer LQL-laughing quite loudly

• lolz

• hahaha !

• does the '!' add in some extra efffect, feels to me like pointing finger at someone and laughing out aloud

• well sure puncutaion always adds in some extra effect and you feel that way about it because there is no context to the "hahaha ! "

But if while in a conversation someone tells a funny story, "hahaha ! = I 'm actually laughing out loud to this" the number of "!" adding a sense of how loud you're actually laughing.

Now if someone says something that is supposed to be funny but actually pretty boring "hahaha..." will do.

But anyway, tha was just a suggestion, you're the one to judge for your own

• I don't mind lol in text messages it just annoys me when people. Use it in real life...and I don't know what about haha, or ahaha,

• ya I can understand the weirdest one I heard 'i loled so hard' wth

What Guys Said 7

• That's funny!

• lqtm -- laughing quietly to myself (thanks Demetri Martin)

• lul, lulz , lawl , L ,

• Heh.

It does annoy me when people actually spell it out offline, though (ell-oh-ell).

• hahaha

• My personal preference is "PMSL" It's primarily British and I learned it from the English girls...(:

• 'Pissed(/ing) MySelf Laughing' for those who don't get it.

• Haha, hehe , hoho, heh heh, :DDD