Should I be worried?

My by of 3 years texts a female friend from the time He wakes up until she goes to bed. If I ask him what they are talking about he says nothing. He deletes everything from his phone about every 5 minutes or so. When I try to tell him how I feel about all this he gets mad and says what don't you trust me?. Should I be worried about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• People either want to be with one person or they don't. There are only two decisions that he can make 1. respect you and make you feel more comfortable or 2. disrespect you and make you fell less comfortable. There should not be anything wrong with him having a friend that is a girl as long as he and she respect you. If he is hiding things from you then he is making the decision to make you uncomfortable for his own selfish reasons which in the end is disrespecting you.

Have you ever met the girl? If so how does she act towards you? Does she ignore you or is she short with you? or is she nice to you accepting of your friendship? The best thing to do when your boyfriend/girlfriend has a friend of the opposite gender is to get to know that friend. That way you can begin to understand them as a person which may make you feel more comfortable or less comfortable.

What Guys Said 4

• him hiding something is definitely not good. if he is hiding something, he is up to something.

to be honest, sometimes I will not want to tell my girlfriend certain things because I wouldn't want a fight over her insecurities when it is honestly nothing. but if he is texting another girl more than he texts you, then that is something wrong because he is not putting you as his priority.

as a girlfriend, you should be his first priority if he really cares about you.

hope this helps(:

• he is in an affair.. you are not getting all of the emotion you deserve from this relationship.. its' going to another woman. get your wits about you and leave the relationship so that you can find common ground emotionally with your boyfriend that is cheating you. wake up and smell the coffee

• Talk to him. He's definitely up to sth with this girl. Maybe just flirting, but it seems to be bad enough for him to want to hide it from you. That qualifies it as suspicious enough for you to worry.

• You should. Three years is enough time for the "honeymoon phase" to wear off. Secondly, if you had to do these things, would it be acceptable to him? I guess not...

What Girls Said 4

• Yep...be worried. If she's truly just a friend then he shouldn't have a problem talking with you about what they say. The fact that he's hiding it and deleting it makes it suspicous. My ex husband of 15 years starting doing this a lot too only he wouldn't tell me who he was texting or lied. He lives with her now!

• If he jumps to the defense line ' what you don't trust me?' then there is something wrong because he is hiding things and that's not okay. If it were nothing worth hiding he wouldn't be afraid to show you the texts or what their talking about and then say 'see nothing to worry about'. The fact that he even goes as far as deleting the texts every 5 minutes definitely shows something is up, he may not be having an affair but something that shouldn't be going on is going on.

I'd confront him about how it makes you feel, and if he isn't willing to budge then maybe you should consider a break or break up, or if you know who the girl is talk to her yourself.

• He can talk to her but ALWAYS deleting it is a problem.. UNLESS you are a crazy clingy psycho path who is always going through his things and accusing him of cheating.. THAT I HIGHTLY doubt.. lol so yea... dump this bastard.. He disrespects you in and out of your face without filling you in on the details..

• yeeeeah. if he's deleting messages from her, and gets defensive about the situation, you should be worried. I wouldn't put up with that.