Girls- Would you plan a date with a guy and then be a no show?

I met this girl online and we have been talking for about a month. We have a date planned for tomorrow at 3. But I noticed last night that she deleted her profile on the dating site we met on. I have no way to get a hold of her. I don't think she's going to totally blow me off without a message because that would be so rude, but could you think of positive reasons she might have deleted her profile before our first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• This just happened to me with a guy. Almost the exact situation. He "favorited" me. He told me he wanted to set a date up soon. The last e-mail he sent me was completely flattering. Then, poof! He disappeared. I did a background check on him using public records, social networks and online sources and found that everything he told me checked out - his name, his job, family, everything. But I also found another recent photo of him online. He looked about 100 pounds larger and ten years older than the photo he posted for his profile. Maybe he was just hiding himself. Maybe he wanted to enjoy the thrills of a cyber relationship but was afraid that reality would be disappointing. Maybe he has another woman in his life. Maybe these maybes are what lead your lady to vanish. Maybe she had something to hide. Maybe she was afraid of disappointment. Maybe she was only on the cyber market. We can only speculate. But I think that in the end, our vanishing cyber connections probably did us a favor. Perhaps they had low-self esteem, a slew of lies or a spouse by their sides. Whatever they were hiding would not have been good for us.

What Girls Said 6

• I would only delete a profile if I was sure I found someone I wanted to invest some time in and I knew how to reach them. Maybe she feels like this about you and you'll hear from her soon. Or she feels this way about someone else. Or she's hiding something.

• That's rude of her. If I was deleting my profile and had a date set for the future, I'd at least have the decency to tell the guy what will happen to our date. While I'd like to think no one can be that rude, it's possible. My advice would be to go anyway, BUT have a backup plan in case she doesn't show. I'm trying to sound optimistic here, but she deleted her page the day before the date and you don't have each others' numbers. I would definitely have a backup plan.

• No that's mean

but some people do this, usually when they met someone else or got back with an ex

• Didn't you swap numbers?

I know if I wasn't going to show up I would at least have the decency to tell the guy. Not nice being stood up.

Hope you find that she's deleted her profile because she doesn't need it anymore and you have a great date!

• No we didn't exchange numbers. She sent me this so I figured it was a done deal that she was going to meet me. So I thought I would get her number tomorrow.

Kyle

3:00 at Billy Vanilly works for me! I'll see you next weekend!

• definatly not... I wouldn't want it to happen to me so I wouldn't do it do anyone else... good luck!

• Maybe she deleted it because she didn't need it anymore because she found you. That's the only positive reason I can think of. She might be blowing you off though. Hope not!

• If you were blowing me off wouldn't you at least give me the courtesy of an excuse message and then delete your profile so I wouldn't look like an idiot showing up? That's why I'm thinking she's not blowing me off.

• Yeah I would, italics on the I, but not all people are that courteous. She could have gotten scared to meet you or something and she just wanted to forget it. Or she could just not be interested in you and she didn't want to tell you. She just wanted to put it past her. Don't assume the worst though. Those are just possibilities.

What Guys Said 0