Why do girls with boyfriends tend to shelter them from other guys and the other way around as well?

I've noticed with a lot of my friends that girls with boyfriends tend to shelter them from other guys and the other way around as well. I've had this happen to me with my best friend when her boyfriend deliberately wouldn't let her hang out only with me.

I want to get both sides of the perspective. Why is it done? I've been told it usually means there's a trust issue. Some say it hurts a lot of friendships that usually aren't there anymore when the relationship ends. Do you think it's right/wrong? Or should there be a common ground?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and include the boyfriend so it doesn't look like you are trying to steal her from him. Like if you truly are just friends you shouldn't mind it so much. Invite both of them out next time instead of just her. Or bring your own girlfriend along. It is just understandable why some guys would be jealous of a single male hainging out with their girlfriend for too long.

• That's a good idea. Usually the problem I've faced and some of my friends is that the guy instantly hates us, but hey it's worth a shot though.

What Girls Said 1

• They don't want the boy/girlfrind to think they're cheating and they don't want to cheat. And it might be awkward if its a boy-girl friendship.

What Guys Said 0