Is what she did illegal?

My brother recently found a girl on this dating site and they really hit it off. A few days later, the "girl" admitted to really being a guy. My brother wants to go to the police, but I said that what "she" did wasn't technically illegal, but I'm not sure. Is what "she" did illegal even though she never asked to meet or have sex with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• No he didn't do anything wrong,like you said they never even meet. Also he told the truth later on. Maybe this guy is really gay and trying to fully come out of the closet or he was just some guy trying to get a laugh,might not be nice to do but nothing illegal.

What Girls Said 4

• Not illegal. Basically buyer beware, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. You can't have someone arrested because they claimed to be another gender online. The internet is a place where you can create a whole new identity, your brother just needs to be more careful.

• The person did nothing illegal. In essence, "he' misrepresented himself by lying about his gender. However, people do that all the time with names and even martial status. Unfortunately, unless they were in a relationship already he has no legal recourse.

• not illegal just annoying

• That's not cool at all

What Guys Said 4

• nope.

• LMAO I m actually a hot russian chick xD

• It wasn't illegal, but he should look for every excuse to punch him in the grill.

• No, it wasn't illegal.

There are men on this site pretending to be women, women pretending to be men, and at least one guy pretending to be transsexual. It's not illegal.