Would you give yourself away?

I recently started to see a guy. I like him a lot and it is mutual. But he said me he's going to leave the country in couple of months. And he wants me to give him 100% of me. But I'm afraid to develop any serious feelings cos I know it will end up bad. I know what the pain is and I know that there is no any chance for us move to his country and start anything serious. So, what would you do: let it go natural way or slow it down?

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy is obviously only looking out for his own good.

Would invest all of your money in a company that had a big sign on the front of the building that read:

"Going Bankrupt in 5 days! Invest your money now! Come on it feels great!"

What Guys Said 3

• let it be natural. How can you predict your future?. enjoy and amuse with what you have don't cry over spilt milk.At the same time don't ruin your proudful charactor if you have.Is possible.If you think wisely both of you is possible. But beware of the troubles if not care properly.

• Don't let yourself forget that he's leaving. But if you're really interested in the guy, I think you should share your feelings with him. You know it is going to hurt, regardless, don't you? So do you want to enjoy your next few months, and have it hurt a little more?

• I remember every minute that in very soon he leaves. And I don't want any pain from this short relationship, I'm very reserved and at the same time I show him care and trust. But why all this if there is no future...And this guy seems too tough and emotionally too strong, I am a woman with my weak points, and I am not sure if he cares how hurtful the end can be for me.

• Ahh... good points. Perhaps you think you should try to protect yourself now, by distancing yourself a little from him? If you're afraid that it will be that hurtful for you, then perhaps it is the best.

Have you told him your fears -- you don't have to be that detailed, but just that you're worried about a relationship with a clock ticking.

• We talked about it, I didn't say directly that I'm afraid. He is a smart and matured man, he understands everything, but he wants me to be with him completely: menthally, emotionally, physically. I am not ready to give it all to him, my scars are still there...

• It depends on how you look at it. Would you be able to live with yourself knowing you didn't try? On the other hand, you know he's leaving and giving yourself 100% could scar you for life. Question is, what would be harder to live with, pain or regret?

• I never regret things in my life, I prefer to try everything that I can handle from the beginning. Like now I can control my feelings to him but he don't know about it, I know that he probably gives me his 100%, but what his 100% agains mine...I don't really know how he feels about this situation.

What Girls Said 2

• well if you did "give yourself away" you would only be doing it because he wants you to. if you know it will end up bad and u'll be even more hurt once you f*** him, get attached and then he leaves why bother? you can give yourself to any guy you choose, why do it if he's gonna leave the country and you know u

• No, I wouldn't. You can have a really fun time, but don't get emotionally invested. What's the use of that? It will only hurt you in the long run. Enjoy it while it lasts.