Calling a girl back?

Guys - Just curious. Why do you take so long to reply back to a girl?

Just wondering.

You are going out with a girl and she texts you once or twice a day to either ask a question or ask how you are because she has not seen you for a couple of days and won't see you for a while.

How long before your normally reply? Why do you take so long to reply?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if I really like the girl I normally take time to reply because at times I'm just busy, can't be bothered, or can't quickly come up with something witty (honest..lol) or haven't noticed.

Most of the times it's I'm doing something be it tv, work, chatting, anything, then when I finish I sit down and reply.. I try not to get too hooked on a girl, I'm just controling myself not to look too eager.

But if I reply and you reply quickly I'll of course reply quickly too since I am on the phone.

Most importantly there is generally no bad intentions for replying late.

What Guys Said 6

• Sometimes when we reply quickly to a girl, she thinks we're a pushover and she gets bored with us.

So many guys have learned to hold back a little bit and not reply the instant she contacts us.

Plus, like the other guys said, sometimes he has other obligations or interests that keep him from replying. Many women are attached to their cell phones, but lots of guys don't carry 'em every minute of the day.

• i try to respond right away to not play games but I have learned that I reply right away than most women will use that against me like they think I'm desperate so to have a shot at something further we have to play the game unfortunately...but once I get to know a girl I talk to her and tell her that I hate playing games and that we don't need to wait for one another to contact each other to stay in contact and she can text me as much as she wants and ill do the same...

please go answer my latest question to give me your opinion...

• I agree with the Canadian...if its a girl I'm interested in, I sit by my phone waiting and will reply instantly. On the other hand, it is possible that this guy is busy and simply cannot return your texts. He could be working, at school, at the gym, taking a shower, (insert a million other reasons here), or simply not by his phone...

• Thanks MAn. And Good Point. A lot of Times I'm past out in bed and people phone, and I'm so Tierd I don't evn wake up and I find out like the next day that they phoned.

• Since No one even Seems too be saying anything... I have NO clue. Me If I notice the message Or Somthing I respond Asap But somtimes I don't Notice it. But when I get it Ill reply and If its a girlfriend Or a girl I just love more than anything. I mostlikly sit there waiting for a message and ill chek like every 1o minutes just too see if they sent me somthing XD lol

• for me this is how it is with most people not just girls in general... if the message is VERY important, then I'll make sure I respond right away, emergencys basically, like if you need serious help and I'm talking like you're house is on fire type stuff, etc... if its you asking how I'm doing, I may answer right away or I may wait a bit, if you send a message back right away, makes you look desperate, etc..

• I agree with what all the other guys said... But also, guys typically are not as good at texting as girls. For most girls, their phone is attached to their hip at ALL times, texting, chatting, texting again, etc... Guys are not all like this; less practice- not as good at texting.

Maybe not all guys, but some guys (like me) are simply not the greatest texters in the world! :) So cut the guy a little slack, and maybe joke about how you two need to work on his texting skills!

What Girls Said 3

• It really depends on the guy. Some people think its better not to respond right away because they don’t want to seem like they’re “pressed over you”. If it’s a newer relationship, then that may be the case. I know when I get a text from a guy I like, I like to wait a little bit before I text back. Same goes for him. 20min max response; pretty much means that is what he is doing. Now if its hours later… that means he isn’t checking his phone. Either way…. He is texting you back! So that’s good news! If he isn’t responding at all, that’s not good! I know if some annoying guy who I’m not interested in will text me, I will simply look at the text and put it away and never text back because I either don’t care or I forgot to text him back because he is not the one who is on my mind.

• But guys everybodys cell phones are glued on you! Doesn't matter if you a female or male.

• either because he's busy or doesn't want to look like he's too desperate. girls do it too