I still have to see him every week. What shoul I do?

Apologies in advance for the long post!

So there's this guy I met at a sports club social - we danced and talked, he walked me home, offered his jacket and kissed me goodbye on the cheek. He asked for my number and if I'd like to meet again. I gave him my number and agreed to meet even though I didn't really feel anything 'special'. He was a nice guy, so I thought I'd give him a chance.

Anyways, on our date, I sorta figured it wasn't really gonna work. I was kind of struggling to find things to like about him. There was still no spark. And I don't know if it was the vibes I was giving off, but he didn't make any sort of move, and we just hugged goodbye. He did however try to get me to come round to his flat because his flatmates were cooking spanish food.

That was about three weeks ago, (I told him I'd be busy and that I had exams (true btw) so he said he'd see me in about a month) and I haven't heard anything from him since. Thing is, if he does get back in contact, I don't know how to let him down easy seeing as I'll still have to see him at weekly practices in a few weeks.

It's also kinda hard because I'm a bit confused that he hasn't been in contact and at the way he behaved on our date: If he contacts to meet up, I don't want to look like an idiot when he wants to meet up as friends?

Sorry again for the long post!

What Guys Said 1

• I'll be honest, just because there's no instant spark, doesn't mean some sort of romance won't blossom. That instant spark tends to be more based on first impressions and appearance, and those can give you vastly skewed perceptions of people. I would certainly make an effort to hang out with him, but if you definitely don't want to go out with him, you could continue putting it off because of a busy schedule and he'll take the hint, although it isn't the nicest way to do it, or simply meet up with him and act under the assumption your just friends.

• To be honest, it's not the spark thing that's bugging me most - I came away sort of feeling that he's more the kind of guy who'd remain a casual acquaintance if you know what I mean?

IF he gets in contact eventually, I think I'm just gonna, as you said, act under the assumption that we're just friends - If I didn't have to see him again, I'd come out with it, but I don't want it to be awkward at practice!

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's too early to worry. And if he really did like you, he probably would have contacted you at least once (to wish you good luck, maybe?) so maybe you can just go back to being friends :)