Guys, is texting less important after dates?

Once you've been out on 2 dates, do you feel less pressured to text the girl all the time? Before the dates, the guy I've been talking to seemed to text me throughout the day, but now it's just once or twice to see what's up or to joke around. Once the weekend comes he texts me more to make plans or whatever. Just wanted to know your input, thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the girl in my opinion. Some girls just seem more of a "relaxed, don't text me all the time" after spending time with them, while others give off the "text me all the time, I like the attention or think it is sweet" vibe. Also, once you have been texting and been on a few dates, we get comfortable and start to know more about you. We kind of run out of questions, especially if the dates had a lot of talking. Plus, once you are dating us, some of the pressure is off and what we used to text you might seem a bit trivial or repetitive.

What Guys Said 2

• You're overreacting.

I think it's natural to start texting a little less after you start dating. If you ask too many questions/trying to get to know the person over text, it can get boring.

If he stopped texting period, and acted distant to you in person, then that would be a problem.

• It all depends what you're talking about I guess..if its the same stuff everyday..then of course its gunna get boring for him..but if its diff stuff..then there's no reason why you two shouldn't keep up a good convo...but if he's being distant and giving you one word responses back... not good

What Girls Said 2

• I think you're right. I've been dating a guy for about 3 months and he's definitely gotten lazier with the texts...

• I think he doesn't want to come on too strong or clingy.