Am I overreacting about my boyfriend not calling me?

We been dating for about 2 months and I think its weird that he does not call me. The only time he calls me is when he is picking me up. Our main source of communication is texting. Which I find annoying because out text conversations can easily be done over a one minute phone call.

I asked him why he doesn't call me and he told me that he just don't like phone calls because of the awkward silence. He also won't even Skype with me because he said I can pull up a browser. I'm just asking him to call me ONCE for a few minutes. He won't budge.

We are currently at a stand still because I told him I won't text/communicate with him until he calls me. I know giving ultimatums is stupid but its just ONE phone call and he won't do it.

Am I overreacting and being unreasonable?

This whole thing is childish but I feel that the main issue is that I just don't think a relationship can grow just through texting.

I do not see him often maybe once or twice every 2 weeks?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to look at what is really worth fighting about. Its important to pick and choose your battles, because if you get pissed over every small thing, then when something big happens he won't take you seriously.

It doesn't matter how much time you spend on the phone, its the quality of the time you have together- is he kind, sweet, funny, supportive, etc? THOSE are the things that matter, not calling.

At the end of the day you need to decide what your deal breakers are, and what to you, is worth being stubborn and getting really mad about.

This jsut seems so small in retrospect.

• It's totally fine to text on a regular basis to talk and check in on each other.

• the problem is that he doesn't call at all.

• So what? There are much bigger things to worry about in relationships than a guy not calling you.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• He is uncomfortable and doesn't like it. It has nothing to do with you. Some people just don't like talking on the phone. I think you should try to respect that. He will really appreciate it (:

My boyfriend and I rarely talk on the phone unless we have something important to discuss and can't speak face to face for whatever reason. Even though he doesn't call very often, I know he loves me.

What I'm trying to say is, don't let the fact that he doesn't like phone calls get in the way of your relationship. It doesn't mean he doesn't feel any less for you just because he doesn't call.

• I think you're being unreasonable and I love the phone... a lot of guys are uncomfortable on the phone, they just don't see how we do it. Guys are utilitarian, and if they can accomplish something through a text they'd rather do that. If everything else is good in the relationship, I'd let it go. You do see him right? So enjoy that time.

OR

Maybe have some phone sex. That should get him.

• Does it matter? he still texts you. You want to fall in love with him IN PERSON, not him on the phone, or him texting. As long as you see him often it shouldn't matter.

• i think he is being stupid here