This text message really hurt my feelings!

Last night I was at my boyfriends house and he was helping his dad with something and I was laying on his bed playing with his phone. I came across a text message (unintentionally) to one of his friends saying how I annoy him so much. This text message really hurt my feelings that he went to someone else and told him that and he didn't even tell me..What do I do? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was that much of an issue for him he wouldn't be dating you anymore. Chances are there was an incident where you just got on his nerves (possibly combined with him just having a bad day) and that's why he sent that message. The reality is that there are times where you are going to get mad/annoyed/etc at your partner. No relationship is completely perfect.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, how are things generally?

Honestly, if you ask most husbands and wives discreetly if they get annoyed at their spouse, the answer would almost always be YES.

You could:

- let it go

- decide everything is ruined

- ask him if there's things you could be doing differently that would make him happier, and do the same back - tell him things you'd like different.

• Why not speak to him? Find out what is that bothers him. For sure I won't ask his mom. Maybe he enjoy you but his friends don't and he just doesn't want to break friendship with them? Best way is to ask and be answered to.

• It's not really a friend, more of someone in one of his classes that he talks to. They don't hang out outside of school or anything

• girl honestly if you annoy him Drop him. there's gonna be so many other guys for you out there that are gonna be glad to have you. if you annoy him right now then your personallity just doesn't click with his.. if you try to fix it and keep going your gonna feel like your always annoying to him? always gonna be wondering how does he feel about me.. you don't want all that extra stress.. I say find someone else.. but that's my opinion . anyway good luck :)

What Girls Said 3

• Confront him and ask him what about you annoys him? it might have been something you said that hurt his feelings, and he cares about you to much to lash out on you so he was venting. How long have you been dating?

• Everyone gets annoying yes. But he should have confronted you about it not his friend.

• well yeah it should hurt your feelings. I mean sure when you've been married for 5 years or dating for a couple of years there are going to be things about your partner that get on your nerves but for him to be saying that you annoy him. that's more than saying "it gets on my nerves when she does xyz" that's saying that you in general get on his nerves. I say do what he'll eventually do anyway. End things on your terms and move on. you don't need a guy that you annoy you need someone who appreciates you and likes your personality. no need for him to be staying with you for the wrong reasons or for you to try to change for him...it won't work eventually you'll be back to what was annoying him and you will end anyway.

i'm sorry :( good luck and everything will be OK :)