Should I take a break from my boyfriend?

We've for six months and I really care about him. He's such a great guy so I feel awful about still thinking of my ex. I was with my ex for 3 years and he was my first everything so moving on is really hard. When we dated, he was sometimes a jerk so I ended it. Its been almost a year since we broke up I've deleted his number and Facebook, but I still think about him. It also doesn't help that he texts or calls saying that he's changed and is serious about being with me. It's unfair to my current boyfriend that I'm not giving him 100%. should I take a break?

Most Helpful Guy

• i wish it was my ex girlfriend that wrote this. I was a jerk to her too and she broke up with me. she also deleted me from her Facebook and she changed her phone number. its been 6 months now that we broke up. at the beginning of the break up I told to my self that I got to get over her like a man but as time went by, I realized how much I miss her. I'm dreaming about her every f***en night and I got the impression i`m not able to get over her. we are in the same college but we don't see each other often. and even when we meet each other, I don't speak to her because I'm very arrogant. but this attitude is killing me and making me lose her more. so I decided to speak to her. I told her that we could remain friends with the intention that I will get her back as my girlfriend but she rejected me. I was very sad and I decided to completely forget her but 2 weeks later I sent her a message on Facebook telling her sorry for all the bad stuffs I made to her that made her suffer. I told her that I changed (which is true) and that I really miss her and I wanted to be with her. She replied telling me that she does not care about me anymore and that I should hell leave her alone. next thing I discovered was a boy that I don't know who came and warned me. he told me to leave her alone. he told me he is her new boyfriend and that he does not want me to text nor speak to her again

• So what's your next plan man? I mean if you fell sth towards her will you stop now or push it true?

• my next plan is to leave her alone... there is nothing more I can do than just forget her.

What Guys Said 2

• If I were in your place I'd talk to my boyfriend. Try to sort it out by talking to him. See how he feels, I mean if you make mistake and get back with ex while you;re in relationship with curent boyfriend, that's gonna be bumpy ride. Talk talk talk. It may look stupid but you'll know what to do next. I mean, I know for case where bg drives his girlfriend to another guy 'cause his girlfriend pointed that that other guy furfill her. Even her boyfriend sits in that guys living room while his girlfriend is with him. I know it's bizzare but the sort ot out by talking(and I don't know how much her boyfriend is stupid)- so try talking to your curent boyfriend, you'll see that he'll show care and compassion.

• Break = break-up

But seems like you want that anyway.

What Girls Said 1

• Forget both of them for now. You need some time to be with yourself again. Wait a few weeks before you even think about that. Then, every thing depends on you, if you still love your ex then tell your boyfriend and get back to your ex. Good luck ^^