Why am I still single?

I do all the right things, I've worked on myself for a few years, I put myself out there - but with the same results I always got.

I've never had a girlfriend, and nothing changes - no matter how much I change.

Please don't tell me that 'I will :)' unless you're going to back it up with facts or a good reason why I will.

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel your pain, I hate how it is okay for girls to desperately want a boyfriend but it is not okay for guys to desperately want a girlfriend

• haha are you sure its OK for us to desperately want a boyfriend? I heard it comes off as being needy and pathetic, maybe its more "ok" but its sure as hell not attractive for us to be seen like that

• yeah, girls are allowed to want a boyfriend to validate themselves, but not the other way around

What Girls Said 4

• It sounds like you're trying a little too hard.

Why have you had to change yourself? Just to get a girlfriend? Trust me if you don't love or even like yourself then how can you expect others to do so? What have you changed about yourself?

Maybe you're looking in all the wrong places. Your aim shouldn't be to get a girlfriend, think of it this way, you have good points about yourself right? So a girl would be lucky to have you as a boyfriend for those reasons (whatever they may be) so start concentrating on loving you and be choosy when it comes to girls, the aim is to be happy and happiness comes in the right relationship so not any girl would do, only the ones that are special to you :)

xoxo

• By change myself I mean work on myself, blah blah blah

• Don't be so down on yourself! Go out and have fun and when a girl comes along then she does :) simple as that. Life is too short to waste x

• Its pretty hard to have fun and enjoy life when no body wants you.

• You're trying too hard. No one wants a guy who desperately wants a girlfriend, makes you seem clingy and emotionally unstable to be honest. I suggest finding hobbies and focus on other things you like other than girls and one will come along. You can't claim you do all the right things without providing facts because obviously you aren't doing the right things or you have timing issues. its no fault of yours or the girls you meet.

• Don't make yourself so avaliable. Make girls chase "you"! We always want what we can have and when we can't have it, it makes us work harder to get it. Play it cool and just flirt with girls but hold back and they will be able to tell. Yes, we know when guys hold back. We want to be wanted by all guys. Even if we don't want these guys we still want everyone to want us and think we are hot sh*t.

As soon as you get a girl to chase you then you can swoop down and make a move on her and she will be like puddy in your hands. Good luck. ;)

Also, I am a psychology and interpersonal behavior major.

• when you say "make girls chase you" how is that accurate when most of you girls expect guys to do all of the moves? initiating?

• I'm neither. And it just makes me think you need to have something or play games to get a girl.

• well it's much worse if you are a guy

• maybe your shy, maybe haven't met the right girl, dude we don't know u, so no one can tell you why your not single. there isn't an answer like "you need to do this___" and suddenly ull try it tomorrow and have a girlfriend and everything will be fine. there is no quick and easy fix no matter how much you want it. I dated a guy who was 20 and I was his first girlfriend, but he never dated anyone before because he was a drug addict. nice kid, good lucks, blah blah blah, but in the end his problem was drugs. once he got clean, we dated, but he still had some emotional problems, way way too clingy, and was too immature, so I dumped him and now he's been single ever since. this is a problem YOU need to figure out yourself, not ask this website. or maybe ask someone who knows you very well. but in the end, you need to recogize what your doing "wrong," or maybe just seek out more girls. chances r, if you talk to 100 girls, at least one is bound to say yes.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not enough to put yourself out there... You can't expect girls to come on to you, especially not in the 21. century. And also, it's not a matter of changing. When you see an attractive girl, walk up to her and tell her your name and try to start up a conversation, be a gentleman and everythings cool. You will get rejected, no doubt about it. But one thing you can't expect is for girls to start conversations with you.

• You sound clinically depressed. This is gonna screw you up a bucket load. Everyone here is saying your probably trying too hard. This is probably true. Get that through and realize that one of the best ways to get a girl is to be fun and laid back. not mopey and passive-aggressive.

(also, no one is gonna be able to help you much because you have a problem that none of us here really understand. You have a problem but you don't talk about it, we can't see if your butt ugly, and you haven't given us a scenario to analyze. basically you said "I have a problem and expected us to fix it without any information.)

• probably social-awkwardness

• seriously, why do guys have to love themselves, but comfortable and content with yourself but girls don't have to? why is it that way? it is just not fair

• Girls have to as well.

• are you sure about that?

• You're stopping yourself. There is no other reason.