Doesn't anyone believe in voice mails anymore?

Recently I've been getting about 3 calls a day from random numbers (1 call I get daily from the same number, they just use a different number since only the last two digits change). I'm not about answering unknown numbers since I've had too many experiences with awkward phone calls. If its important and they use a different number, like my job, then I'd expect them to leave a voice mail at least. Am I being irrational? I mean are voice mails really the "out" thing to do in 2012?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate voice-mail... It's a pain on cell phones, and you usually have to enter a password to access it. I just think it's much easier to hang up and shoot them a text or something. I always feel like leaving a message can result in awkward moments if you like mess up what you're saying or something, since you can't erase them, or do them over, haha.

But texting after calling is just more convenient, if you ask me.

• Yea I definitely agree. I prefer texts over calls any day unless its urgent. You can answer it at your own pace plus it makes awkward conversations more bearable lol. But I have a feeling that professional places nowadays are opting out of leaving voice mails.

• I think there's definitely a time to call, and times to text... I still think calling is much more "personable" and texting should never fully replace calling. That's interesting tho, that professional places aren't leaving messages now. I've maybe noticed it a bit myself, since you mentioned it. I don't know how I feel about that... seems so unprofessional! lol

What Guys Said 2

• If they were unknown numbers they were probably telemarketers, or wrong numbers, or something. I wouldn't expect someone I didn't know to leave me a voice mail. I think usually people will just text you if they call first and you don't answer. Either way you are going to get their message later.

• No, you can see the number, call them back if you really need to know

What Girls Said 1

• some people leave voice mails and some just don't think the message is too important to leave a message for