Should I ask a date how long he has been single?

I met a guy online and he lives quite locally. We text loads and seem to really get on. He added me on Facebook and I saw a wall post from what looks like an ex girlfriend posted about 2 months ago. It's not that I'm jealous or anything, I've had exes myself, it's just that I'm worried he is possibly on the rebound. Should I bring it up?

Most Helpful Guy

• YES but in private during a long conversation - a date perhaps

The more facts you know, the closer you are dating a real guy instead of potential ghosts, what-ifs, etc.

What Guys Said 2

• Ask if you want. I don't really think it is that significant of a question personally. And I wouldn't assume the girl on his FB was an ex. I had a potential girlfriend look at some pic I had on my profile and ask me "Who's the bitch?" to which I replied that she was my sister. She didn't believe me since we don't look alike. I was rather upset with her, told her off and said don't ever talk to me again. Haven't thought about that till now. :)

• Nope, none of your business and 2 months is anyway a reasonable time by all means. Plus it'll show you are nosy which isn't a good thing.

What Girls Said 1

• Better ask than he volunteer the information, I know from experience him bringing up his ex without any prompting would be awkward.