Is it OK to ignore a girl if she doesn't text you first?

This girl doesn't text me first. But when I text her, we could go on for hours. Does that mean she's not interested? Went our with her 4 times and it's weird she doesn't text first. Is it OK to ignore her from contact to no contact? It's long distance.

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no...do not ignore her. She obviously likes you because she has long conversations with you. She just wants to be chased like any other girl. She wants you to put in the effort more so she knows that someone is thinking about her/wants to talk to her. Give her what she wants for now. I do the same thing to a guy that likes me (sadly). I would say she's playing hard to get...just do not ignore her!

:)

What Girls Said 9

• honestly I sometimes if I text first I feel like I'm being annoying or he's busy and doesn't have time to talk so I wait for the guy to text first...not all the time but sometimes

• If you want, you can just wait. Sometimes the other person just texts right before you're about to text. I know I do that with calls/texts with my boyfriend. I'll call/text and he'll be like "I was just about to do that." I'd say it's not a big deal, but if you're curious, I don't see serious harm in waiting for her to be the first to text.

• No, that's just silly.

I would bring it up to her attention and hopefully, you'll know if she is interested or not. Don't make it seem like you're going to demand her to text you first.

• Don't ignore her! If you want to 'play' something just text her unpredictably but don't ignore her because she'll think you weren't interested.

Source: Experience :)

• Ask her to initiate contact? :) Tell her you would appreciate it if she texted you first sometimes too and tell her not to worry if you don't answer instantly :)

• she wants you to be the dominant one and make the move first don't ignore her she's probably just shy and needs a push from you and doesn't wanna come off as clingy by texting you all the time

• I think that some women have this wierd, notion in their head that if they don't text a guy first and wait it shows that they are not desperate. I think this idea is dumb. If a guy likes a girl the woman shouldn't make him do all the work. A relationship or a diversion is a,two way street. So if she feels that playing hard to get will spark your interest ita obviously confusing you. I think that doing that to a guy doesn't work if he can't read your mind

• I don't text guys I'm interested in first. Just in case I come off as being annoying.

• Some people just don't "text first". I'm one of them. Ask her about it if it really bothers you so much. She probably doesn't realize that it confuses you.

What Guys Said 6

• Unfotunatelly girls almost never put any effort at first or expect men to do all the courting for them, so it is a bad idea, because it is very likely that she won't text you.

• True True True

• Not true I send the first text everyday sometimes to no response and I'm done texting this guy first

• It's true. Guys invest so much into relationships when it comes to courtship. We're always expected to inititiate conversations and moves. WE are the ones that are expected to put ourselves out there and ask girls out. Most girls don't know how that feels. They just feel like self-entitled spoiled princesses and wait for guys to come to them.. And then when they're the ones that are trying to chase after a guy, they don't even know what to do, and don't do anything at all. lmao

• It seems she's not that interested in you, because if she was she would at least contact you first somethings, it has to be 50/50 contact not 10/90. so what you should do is don't text her anymore, let her contact you first and then text, after that you text her first, and after a while let her text you,

• I don't think that anyone here can answer this for you . If you feel like ignoring her , then maybe you should do as YOU please .

• Hey, she is a real girl, why to ignore her for that? YOu are a man , you have to initiate things and she will love you even more.

Resourses: welcomedating.com

• Conversations are taking place, and from the length you described them to be, they are good conversations. Does it really matter who started them?

• It does, when one party is the one who always has to come up with conversations.

• Yes, give her a taste of her own medicine. By that I mean, stop texting her first. If she truly cares about you, she'll start texting you first. If she doesn't, then it wasn't worth it in the same place. I'm so sick and tired of girls feeling entitled to have guys make all the moves and initiating everything. Us guys have it hard, since we're investing so much more then women in relationships. So many girls these days act like self entitled spoiled ****ches.

• I wish it was 50-50 or somewher eclose.

But seriously though. If you find yourself ALWAYS texting first, stop it. Wait for her to do it occasionally.