Why do some people simply not text first?

When you text such a person first, you may be talking for hours, but they never take the initiative. I don't understand this. Why don't they?

Most Helpful Girl

• I just don't feel like it. Not really a fan of texting to begin with. I usually only text first if I have something relevant to say or talk about.

What Guys Said 1

• take a hint girl. he probably isn't the first thing on your mind if you have to always initiate.

• It's not about a guy actually... It's about a friend, she doesn't text anyone first, not just me.

• sorry. my bad then. well it could be that she's not bored/lonely/needy? sometimes it is our craving for attention and companionship that causes us to want to text someone. maybe she doesn't have that in her?

What Girls Said 3

• I can be like that sometimes, I just don't feel like texting people unless they text me :)

• Cuz we don't wanna text unless someone texts us first

• because he isn't that into you. it takes a lot more thought to initiate a text than to just reply to one. I've texted people lazily for hours, half assing it, because they texted me first. not a big deal.