Do you think if I keep worrying about it, it will never happen?

Hello, I am a 17 year old girl and never had a boyfriend before. Lately the thought of dating and being in a relationship is all I can think about it. It keeps getting harder for me the longer I have been single knowing that emotionally I am ready for something mature and real. I keep thinking that the more I think about wanting to be in a relationship the longer it will be before a guy will come along. It gets to a point where if a guy is flirty with me I automatically assume that he likes me when he is just being a guy basically. I know many people response will be to find hobbies. But I don't understand how that helps. I am involved with school activities and I hang out with my friends quite a bit too. Yet, I still continue to think about it. Any one else felt this way before? What did you do to get over it? Do you really believe in the whole he will come along when its the right time? I am getting a little impatient to be waiting around for the right time. When will it ever come?

Most Helpful Guy

• worrying about it won't help you at all, honestly. I'm kinda the same way. I go to an all guys school, so not many relationship oppurtunites. you just have to let go and let things happen, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't- that's my whole view on it.

What Guys Said 1

• I use to worry about it a lot too and still do somewhat. Just like the rest of the answers below I guess It'll just happen when it happens, but really my mental attitude is making things happen. Try flirting with some guys you'd like to date and they should get the hint.

What Girls Said 2

• i'm 20 and I've never had a boyfriend (I wasn't aloud to date in high school) I use to think it was weird but I got over it and I believe that it'll happen when it happens. Till then I'm just gonna enjoy having fun and being goofy with my friends there's no use on dwelling on it it will happen.

• Finding hobbies help because it makes you a more interesting person. You could be the most gorgeous girl on earth, but if you're boring, no guy is going to want to spend the rest of his life with you, because you can't contribute anything to the relationship long-term. I've always felt that guys came along in my life when I least expect it. So, just concentrate on making yourself an interesting person.

• That's true. I found that when I started finding more interest and likes I started to want a relationship more because I wanted someone to share that with. Also the very few guys that have tried to talk to me ( they just wanted to get into my pants though) came along when I least expected it. My problem is that when guys do come along but want nothing more than sex it starts making me realize how I want a relationship.

• I didn't mean it that way at all. People know when you want a relationship, i.e. desperate. Just forget about boys, and enjoy your life. Ideally you should be happy, with or without being in a relationship.