How much time should go by before a second date?

I'm worried because my first date with this guy was almost three weeks ago. He's a little busy with school and work and our plans to hang out fell through recently. Our first date was really great but I don't know what move to make at this point. I'm worried that if I contact him he'll be caught up with work. Does it even make sense to keep waiting?

I should also mention that the only time I text him is to see what his week will be like and if he'll have a day off. Should I be texting him more? And about what? (I'm pretty new and clueless to dating)

Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• He could very well be busy with school and work, but he definitely would have tried to make time for you if he was truly interested (especially within a three week period). If he truly was busy and wanted to make time for you, then he would at least provide a counter-offer to reciprocate his interest. I'd say a good ballpark time would be about a week, thought it can be longer or shorter depending on people's schedules for example. Since it doesn't sound like he has attempted to reciprocate with you a lot, then you are probably better off without him. I know it sucks, but don't worry, we've all been here before. Move on and fine someone who is willing to make time for you.

What Guys Said 2

• If I were you I would't waste my time and worry about him. if he was interested in you he might have called you mmany times over the last 3 weeks. You should move on. If a guy does not find girl interesting, he usually doesnot call her or try to contact with her.

On the other hand if he liked you and was afraid of getting in touch with you, he would wait for a week, but not 3 weeks.

I think you should move on. I wish it helps.

• It sounds like he doesn't want a second date. Sorry, it happens.

What Girls Said 2

• You aren't on his list of priorities so don't make him yours. If you are seeking advice then I'm sure you already made up your mind. Let him go. If he asks for future plans, then go if you like, but I would keep my mind busy and date others. Good luck!

• if it's been three weeks, and plans have fallen through, I would let this one go. one date isn't a huge time investment, so you would probably be happier looking for someone else and having fun than waiting around. good luck:)