Would a guy date me, even with my disability?

I can talk normally most of the time, but then all of a sudden I get a "block" because of a severe stutter. I was at a singles function, with a small group of people, and we had done that scary "go around the circle and say your name thing". When it got to my name, I blocked and apologized and explained that I have a speech impediment and am unable to say my name. And they repeated it every time someone new joined the group, so I was put on the spot and embarassed in front of everyone 3 times. I know, it seems weird that I'm able to say all that but not my own name :P Luckily, a good friend was with me, and she said my name for me. I don't like having to depend on other people, but it seemed the only way I'd be able to get my name out there.

(Note: I'm not trying to brag here, I just want the truth). I have been told that I have a good sense of humor, am sweet, and that I'm pretty- though cute seems to be used more often. I'm 18, so I suppose I still have lots of time to meet guys, and I am usually confident, and just joke about my stutter and smile a lot, but no guy has seemed interested in me yet. I was just wondering, would my speech impediment completely throw a guy off the course of "pursuing" me? My friend told me that some guys would like the thought of dating a girl with a disability because some guys like caring for girls in that way. But I'm not so sure about that :P

Sorry about the novel, and thanks in advance for answering!

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmmm only problem is stuttering and a block against saying your own name?

Not an issue in my book so I'm sure most guys would you feel the same way, if there is attraction and chemistry anything is possible.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think most guys would care all that much, to be honest.

• Wouldn't be a problem to me. I don't have a stutter, but I'm definitely no social god. I'm a little awkward at first. That would probably make it easier on me as I would be less likely to feel embarrassed.

• Does it only happen when you are anxious or does it just happen randomly? Either way it wouldn't bother me at all.

• Randomly and when I'm nervous- it's a mystery disability, most of the time I don't know when I'm gonna block and not be able to speak.

• I wouldn't be detered by your speech problem at all.

• Same thing happened to me when I met Verne Troyer - Mini Me

What Girls Said 0