Was it a date?

I am so clueless. I have this amazing guy friend and I like him. I really like him. So I was totally thrilled when he suggested that we do something together when I came home from college. We made most of the plans online (neither of us really like talking on the phone), but when it came down to the specific details, he told me to call him on the day we were going to do something. So I did, but he didn't answer. He called me later to tell me that he was going to visit his grandma, but he'd call me later to make the plans. About an hour later, he did. Then he called me again about twice more when he was trying to find my house. (Oh yeah, one of the times he called, he told me not to eat.) So he took me to dinner (and paid), then we drove around for a while. We decided to go to a movie. We were going to see an action adventure, but a lady in front of us suggested we go see a chic flick that was playing, so he got us tickets for that instead. Again he paid, though I had out my wallet. After the movie, we went to the bowling alley, only to find out there were no open lanes. (While standing in line he asked me if my mom would be worried we were making out then proceeded to say that if it were his daughter out with a boy, he'd be worried.) We then went to my house to bowl on my wii because there were no open lanes. We spent 8 hours together that night, and he even met my family! (He ended the night with a hug, but he gives me lots of hugs...) The day after next, he asked me how I was the day after our outing. I told him my family took much joy in saying it was a date all day and that I hate being the center of attention. Because we were texting, he responded with an lol and a smiley face. But since then we talk more than ever. Now we have plans to watch a horror film the next time I come home from college. Can I officially say I've had my first date? Does he like me as more than a friend? I'm in desperate need of advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, yeah he likes you and yeah that was DEFINITELY a date. Go for it! Congratulations! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Oh my god your story looks like a romantic movie, oh yeah of course he likes you, you can say officially that you had your first date, instead of watching horror movie try a romantic movie, good luck

What Girls Said 2

• Totally a date girl! And it sounds like it was a great one - that's awesome! And absolutely watch the horror movie with him. Be a little scared and snuggle up to him a bit and let him "protect" you! He sounds like a great guy. Good luck!

• It's unfortunate that everyone has some variation of what is considered a date. I like to think if you make a plan on a day, with a time, at a place, it's a date.

Anyhow, it sounds like your off to a positive start.

Oh, don't look too much into "thing" considering your away at college. Do make plans but don't miss out on opportunities to mingle while at college because your saving yourself for a date.