A Kiss is a kiss right?

If you kiss someone, it doesn't matter if its on the cheek or lips, a kiss is a kiss right?

If I kiss a girl on the cheek because I like her... its still a kiss am I rite? She just came out of a bad realitionship and I gave her a cheek kiss to let her know I like her and that I'm here for her if she needs anything. I didn't want to lip kiss her because I don't want to rush/pressure her, but I DO like her tho. My buddies called me a "sissy" because I didn't do it on her lips and they say it didn't count. so yea...

Most Helpful Girl

• no way. I would never kiss my dad on the lips...gross. or any family for that matter. kissing on the cheeks is for family, and kissing on the lips is for significant others. Not that significant others can't kiss on the cheek, because they can, and it's very sweet, but all kisses are not the same. lol.

What Girls Said 8

• A kiss is a kiss may be true, but to a woman there are very different kinds of kisses. MrEM4N said it well below. Who would you kiss on the cheek versus on the lips. Also think about who you would french kiss. If those two people are the same then you have your answer. If you wouldn't kiss your mother the same as your girlfriend then a kiss is not a kiss! :-)

• Then I'd say you made the right call in kissing her on the cheek. Good job considering her feelings and her possible emotional status.

• While there are different types of kisses, and a "true" kiss is normally on the lips, I would definitely say "a kiss is a kiss". It is a sign of affection, either way.

• A kiss onthe cheek can be friendly as can a kiss on the lips but it depends on how long the kiss is on the lips. If the kiss on the lips is longer than a peak then it could mean more than just a kiss. :)

• a kiss is a kiss, but it might affect someone differently depending on the location. a kiss on the cheek is a sweet gesture, but only a little affection is put into it. a kiss on the lips, however, is quite personal. you're putting a ton of emotions into that kiss and it's bound to have a different affect on someone than a kiss on the cheek. (:

• Not always. People cheek kiss just anyone, means almost nothing. Then again, it can mean I love you, if you kiss your mama. It can mean I like you if you kiss a girl/guy you're fond of on the cheek.

But a kiss on the lips usually is meant to be a very fondness for that person.

• You are in danger of the friend zone...

• yes I agree. it's the feeling behind the kiss that matters, not where it is

What Guys Said 2

• You can kiss granny so kiss is a kiss, right? Later you can brag to your friends that you made it with your granny :D Look at this example: link :D

• I kiss my mother on the cheek. I wouldn't kiss her on the lips. What does that tell you?

• Good answer. Proves that guys know there is a difference!